Too Many Restaurants On London Road

ericsean

Does this not apply to the whole of Sheffield? I am unaware of any restaurants in Sheffield i.e. where fresh food is cooked by a chef or cook rather than someone just reheating something from Iceland in a microwave. Please please tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong.

When i was growing up my mum and dad were always going out for a meal on london road, now I do. I find the choice, quailty and service better even excellent. I like London road its close to town so if u fancy a drink after, its not too far. If you look at London road on most wk nights u will find it packed. What does that tell u???

Theres a great number of oriental restaurants up there now, its fantastic in terms of choice, Noodle Inn, the dumpling place, Vietnamese Noodle Bar, Siam Thai Inter, Wasabisabi etc.

Couple that with the quality turkish places, Jumeriah, Zeugma (and its second restaurant), the other Turkish place, and then add to that all the italian/european places, and although there are about 5 too many, the kebab shops are actually pretty good and cheap too.

I'd rather see these places being used than half derelict like it was about 2 years ago.

London Road has been like this for many, many years and it is great to see a bustlling, busy street. There are some really nice restaurants on that road. Dining experience is much better on London Road than branded Centertainment or Meadowhall joints...

Wasabi Sabi, the greek restaurant, Golden Lee, Jabu to name but a few.

I love London Road. There's nothing wrong with variety. I'd rather take the slightly scruffy private restaurant with decent food than the corporate polished looking restaurant with poor food. Basically, I'd take London Road over Ecclesall Road everytime.

True about the pubs. Although 'proper boozers' they are a little run down. Still can have a good night there - unless United have been playing when all the people who should really be cannon-fodder are out.

Dunno really. ive not really been on there for years. its just one long prossesion of eating houses. I think its about time Sheffield council started refusing applications for them. Dont get me wrong, its nice to have a good range but i think there is enough now.

Are you on drugs? Are you having a giraffe!?!?!? Words fail me!

There is just too many. I hate how london road looks now.

Utter rubbish. Some people will moan about anything. It's called choice. There are loads of fantastic restaurants here. The fact that it looks a bit scruffy is because the area hasnt had much investment in terms of the road and pavements etc, not because of the new restaurants opening.

Archived