Too Many Restaurants On London Road

ericsean

I agree, it was much better when every second building was a closed down boarded up shop covered in graffiti and old posters.

lmao.

Can't understand posters who criticse an area for popular. Very strange. I suspect people who don't like London Road because of the variety are the same people who eat in the same pub/restaurant because they always have done and don't see the point in trying anywhere new. a.k.a. idiots.

There is just too many. I hate how london road looks now.

What would you replace them with, mobile phone shops, pound shops and banks like the city centre?

Have you stopped using London Road because of it's restaurants, or have you never used it but don't like the idea of other folk enjoying themselves? :confused:

I live near London Road and think it's great. There are lots of fantastic restaurants (and some not so good ones, but there's so much choice, I never have to go to them). There are also a lot of takeaways, but they mostly seem popular, so why not?

It would be nice to have a few more non-food stores, but they weren't flocking to move in when there were lots of empty shops, so it's hardly as though the food stores are forcing them out.

And in terms of pubs - maybe not the best choice, but Dulo's, the Cremorne and Old Crown are all pleasant enough, and pretty varied, while the fantastic Sheaf View is only a short walk away.

Dunno really. ive not really been on there for years. its just one long prossesion of eating houses. I think its about time Sheffield council started refusing applications for them. Dont get me wrong, its nice to have a good range but i think there is enough now.

Hi, forgive me if I've missed something but...if you've not really been there for years, how do you know about the "procession of eating houses?

I live within walking distance of London Road and agree with those posters who have extolled it's virtues. We had a foodie meet at Rossi's only last week.

Viva London Road! :thumbsup:

Theres a great number of oriental restaurants up there now, its fantastic in terms of choice, Noodle Inn, the dumpling place, Vietnamese Noodle Bar, Siam Thai Inter, Wasabisabi etc.

Couple that with the quality turkish places, Jumeriah, Zeugma (and its second restaurant), the other Turkish place, and then add to that all the italian/european places, and although there are about 5 too many, the kebab shops are actually pretty good and cheap too.

I'd rather see these places being used than half derelict like it was about 2 years ago.

I am a regular at Wasabi Sabi and the noodle bars on London Road. I enjoy trying them out and going somewhere different each time. There are new student halls around that area, so restaurants will be in more demand. I personally hope that London Road will become Sheffield's China town. I know some people may not agree with that.

As for the restaurants om town, I still havent found a good one that I would want to be a regular at and even though I love sushi, the new Sushi bar in town is terrible-dont waste your money there!

Utter rubbish. Some people will moan about anything. It's called choice. There are loads of fantastic restaurants here. The fact that it looks a bit scruffy is because the area hasnt had much investment in terms of the road and pavements etc, not because of the new restaurants opening.

Maybe they harking back to the good old days of larger louts partaking in running battles from the Hermitage to Cremone. Aaah them were the days eh?:huh: London Road has never been more peaceful or better than it is now:thumbsup:

Archived