Who remembers Shirecliffe Homes?

Originally posted by jayjay

is that were you live now?

sally and lorraine lived at castledine(twins)

still see alot of the old firth park youth club/school/hinde housers

No I moved away from brightside when I was about 19 (20 years Ago) I now live in Cardiff, South wales. I don't remember any twins!

I remember mr Wutton and Baxter, didn't Mr Baxter smoke a pipe? do Ya remeber Mr Ray, Mr Ward, Mr Monks, Mr Oliver the mental woodwork teacher, Mr Wheater, Mr Lowe?????

Originally posted by creaghan

No I moved away from brightside when I was about 19 (20 years Ago) I now live in Cardiff, South wales. I don't remember any twins!

I remember mr Wutton and Baxter, didn't Mr Baxter smoke a pipe? do Ya remeber Mr Ray, Mr Ward, Mr Monks, Mr Oliver the mental woodwork teacher, Mr Wheater, Mr Lowe?????

Yes i remember all them Mr Oliver used to take us Canoeing plus we used to make them as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember 76-77 there. A lad called Derek who was killed later in turn ups. Staff, Mr Ray,Mr wooton,Mr Oliver,Mr Little,Mr Mc Quade,Mr Gabriel,Mrs Wyatt,Miss Shields,. And the famous gravel pitch and snooker table. The main house is still there but the rest is new houses

Originally posted by only_me

I remember 76-77 there. A lad called Derek who was killed later in turn ups. Staff, Mr Ray,Mr wooton,Mr Oliver,Mr Little,Mr Mc Quade,Mr Gabriel,Mrs Wyatt,Miss Shields,. And the famous gravel pitch and snooker table. The main house is still there but the rest is new houses

That was my brother........

• 3 years later...
think its probaly the second neil ,surname begins with H.some of the stuff you describe I remember him doing.If memory serves me right he jumped through the window to go and meet said girlfriend in woods at the side of the hospital.I know he spent some time in Durham,as he wrote a few letters from there.

If its the same one ,he had 2 sisters,the eldest of which I saw recently and she said he was well and had settled down wife,kids and all that

i remeber the incident as i was in shirecliffe in 1981 for the whole of that year i was in the room when he decided to jump through the window after throwing a chair through it. i moved to eastcliffe afterwards and his sister was in there along with him. jane his sister was called with surname begining with H and i think from what i remeberr had a child with a guy called leslie

dont forget billy baxter and his famous camells story .. alf wooton came to my wedding in 1989 and mev ray moved to scarbrough to open a tea shop i kid you not lol

Archived