Who remembers Shirecliffe Homes?

i used to share a double dorm with a guy called steven i will not say his surname but begins with H. alsdo does anyone remember when a black guy called danny tried to get out of the secure dorm round hole in the window and they had to have the fire brigade out to cut the extra strong plastic while he was held up as he was stiuck fast ?

Mr Wooton was a great character i wonder if anyone remembers his red hand gang? The secure dorm had a door leading to the big dorm which was locked at lights out. One night we were able to slip the lock from the large dorm side, a kid called crog (i think) went into the secure side and we locked him in. That night mr Wooton was on nights and when he checked the big dorm he noticed one missing i presume he thought it was an escape. However he looked in the secure dorm and crog was sat on the toilet (it had its own) claiming he had been there since before lights out (about an hour prior) Mr Wooton was miffed as he was 100% sure crog was in the big dorm at lights out :huh:. Was Baxter the one who smoked a pipe?.

Mr Wooton was a great character i wonder if anyone remembers his red hand gang? The secure dorm had a door leading to the big dorm which was locked at lights out. One night we were able to slip the lock from the large dorm side, a kid called crog (i think) went into the secure side and we locked him in. That night mr Wooton was on nights and when he checked the big dorm he noticed one missing i presume he thought it was an escape. However he looked in the secure dorm and crog was sat on the toilet (it had its own) claiming he had been there since before lights out (about an hour prior) Mr Wooton was miffed as he was 100% sure crog was in the big dorm at lights out :huh:. Was Baxter the one who smoked a pipe?.

no it was mev wray who smoked the pipe, alf is still in sheffield but really old now. i have seen mr mcquade a few times around in pubs just laughing at the red hand gang .... went on a trip on a weekend to peak distric in middle of no where and a few decided to bunk off.. we spent the rest of the day driving round in that bright orange transit mini bus looking for them but they had long gone..

Archived