Anyone know any good restaraunts in sheffield

alcohol

An Italian run by Italians: BBs is great, on Division Street in the centre. You need to book well in advance usually. Good sized portions. Amazing steaks. Huge king prawns. Homemade fare. No nonsense and reasonably priced (not cheap though). You can take YOUR OWN alcohol, too! Service is great and the staff are very friendly and a good laugh if you want to chat to them. Excellent atmosphere every time I have been. Never lets me down.

One to avoid:

Maria's up Crookes... Service is shockingly bad, the place itself is WAY too small for its purpose, and the prices are a bit steep to put it politely, even with 10% NUS card discount.

Originally posted by Rich

One to avoid:

Maria's up Crookes... Service is shockingly bad, the place itself is WAY too small for its purpose, and the prices are a bit steep to put it politely, even with 10% NUS card discount.

Did have a couple of good meals in marias, but your not too far off the mark... food is a little overpriced for what you get (although slightly off set if you bring your own wine).

Spinrocs down the street though is much better... a much more relaxed atmosphere and better food.

I would never eat at Rafters. the owner is a complete ****.

Throws stuff out the window at my car, and hurls abuse at me and my missus.

All because he "thinks" I was using a mobile phone while driving.

Pasta Bowl is good down near sharrowvale, Santino's on ecclesall road, Rosi's just off london road and La Terraza also near sharrowvale.

Depends how much you want to spend.

Rafters is exellent, £30 for 3 courses, in the week I think you can take your own wine.

Also the Blue Finn resturant on the top of Ecclesall road, really great value for money at lunch time, £8.95 for two courses and a glass of wine, you get a choice of 3, I was really impressed, the main course portion wasnt massive but enough for lunch, great resturant if you like fish.

Went to Thyme cafe in Broomhill, was'nt that impressed, nice enough food a bit similar to all bar one, wont be rushing back.

And finally the Indian Buffet all you can eat of West Street next to Mad Greek, great food for £8.95

Thats all folks

Archived