Anyone work as an NVQ assessor?

Great forum and discussion....I'd like to tag on and say that I'm writing this on behalf of a friend in London. She's trying to find someone to train her on the A1 Assessors course (she has extensive experience in the following:Retail - Management - customers services - Aviation - Team building).

She wants to know if anyone can suggest companies that would help train her or provide candidates to assess...she is willing to be taken on as a volunteers or paid....

If you guys can help I'd be grateful or even if you could provide some information about what she can do...

Thank

• 1 year later...

Hi

I'm also finding it very hard to understand the options open to me.

I am currently working with a welfare to work provider as an administrator. I have a degree in business and financial services. My company will only take on qualified assessors so I would be on my own in terms of finding training. I have looked at the PTTLS course but i'm not sure where this would take me in terms of the A1 qual that I will need. I would appreciate if anyone had any advice on the courses that are on offer and also whether there are any training providers that would take on trainee assessors as I think I would find it hard to find 2 nvq's to assess with my current role.

Thanks

The assessor awards and the teaching qualifications are two completely different things/subjects.

If you went all the way from PTTLS right through to the Cert Ed, you would not be able to work as an Assessor, as this is a teaching qualification.

As I understand it, to do the training as an assessor, you need to be working as an assessor - slightly back to front if you ask me

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

I work for a NVQ provider who also have their own assessor recruitment agency so please contact me if there is anything I can help with. We are national so might be able to help people.

I have also come from a Teaching recruitment background so I might be able to help with QTS questions or general work questions.

Cheers.

Hello there,

I am recent Post Graduate in IT, looking for a teaching job here in the UK at higher secondary or further education level , but a bit confused about all these qualifications stuff. Can you please suggest me where to start ??? I have been thinking to do the PTLLS for now, but some of the job descriptions requires the QTS, that made me confused, is PTLLS a level of QTS or what ??? or am I just wasting my time doing the PTLLS???

Hi guys,

I will explain in simple terms. I am currently working as an assessor for a training company based in east midlands. I dont currently have my A1 however i have been emploted as an assessor until i get my learners through programme. when i say programme i mean from start to finish of their award. The be A1 qualified and its not A1 no more it is a QCF qualification the award is actually called level 3 certificate in assessing vocational achievement.

The qualification cannot be completed without learners. i have been doing 6 months due for completion and hopefully after my assessor will be happy with my work. Now how i got to where i am. I have completed my PTLLS course and also some extra training. I have worked as a trainer on different courses over a few years, just actually went and got the qualification. I am going to try CTTLS at somepoint or DTTLS however to achieve these need classroom time with learners. Although in the current role i do i have opportunities to get that.

If you want to get into this line of work , pm me and i will give you the company details as we are recruiting , The interview process is quite hard. very difficult to get interview. but if you show your keen and open to change and willing to learn then they might help you.

• 2 months later...

:love:Hello everyone for those interested in NVQ/QCF opportunities check out mynvqjobs we are the UK's fastest growing job board specifically dedicated to jobs in NVQ with training providers and colleges. It is easy and free to create a profile and will give you hundreds of jobs UK wide at your fingertips.

• 5 months later...

Great Heights Training offers assessor training online and will supply your learners. I did my TAQA assessor training with them and they were excellent. I also want to point out that your two learners do not have to be undertaking an NVQ course all you need are two people that work within the area you wish to assess and who would be willing to allow you to assess them. I hear all the time so much misinformation regarding assessor training and this misinformation prevented me for two years from becoming an assessor. Look up Great Heights Training in a search engine, as I have said I found them to be helpful in all aspects of my training and the best thing is they are always available at the end of a phone willing to help.

• 2 months later...
I'm an NVQ assessor but in Childcare......

However, the principles of assessing are the same whatever field it's in, so I may be able to help

Need help with pttls course assignments, anyone done it recently.?

Thanks

I'm an assessor in health and social care. I completed PTLLS last year at level 4

Ok thanks for replying. Am doing level 3. I have my first assignment which is on the role , responsibilities of a teacher. My problem is I just can't seem to grasp what am expected to include in there. Can you let me look at your assignment for some ideas. I will not copy your work I promise. I understand it is an offense to do so. Let me know. If you have something electronic I could send you my email.

Many Thanks

Annointed.

Edited by Annointed
spelling