Flu jab!! what's going on?

Im not bonkers!! lol cos im not imagining this streaming nose etc...

Suffering a nocebo effect, or a psychosomatic illness, doesn't mean the condition is not real. My dad had a swelling on his foot the size of a grapefruit, but it was still psychosomatic; there wasn't actually anything wrong with his foot, just his head.

Suffering a nocebo effect, or a psychosomatic illness, doesn't mean the condition is not real. My dad had a swelling on his foot the size of a grapefruit, but it was still psychosomatic; there wasn't actually anything wrong with his foot, just his head.

Its an interesting point is that.

I was really ill for the first time in years- since my teens in fact after the jab and my colleagues all caught the same thing within two weeks of me getting ill.

It could be mass hysteria, particularly when the doc assured me that they only inject the protein of the virus into you to start your immune system off so there shouldnt be any symptoms at all because there simply isnt a virus to give you anything.

You can't get 'flu from the jab, because it contains no living viruses.

A cold-like reaction is not that uncommon, though I'm not entirely sure what - beyond psychosomatic symptoms - can cause it.

Much of the stand coldy symptoms (fever, aches et al) are actually due to your body fighting off the virus rather than the virus per se. As the innoculation introduces a (typically) attenuated virus into the system in order to generate antibodies it's not that surprising the body reacts against it generating some of the standard coldy symptoms. I'm not sure how true it is but I have heard that the more strongly you react against the innoculation the better your defences against the virus.

Much of the stand coldy symptoms (fever, aches et al) are actually due to your body fighting off the virus rather than the virus per se. As the innoculation introduces a (typically) attenuated virus into the system in order to generate antibodies it's not that surprising the body reacts against it generating some of the standard coldy symptoms. I'm not sure how true it is but I have heard that the more strongly you react against the innoculation the better your defences against the virus.

Can't vouch for the last sentence, but the rest of it makes perfect sense. Just because the virus is dead, doesn't stop the immune system from kicking into action when it senses the presence. :thumbsup:

Archived