Flu jab!! what's going on?

A several years ago I had the flu jab and it floored me, I swore never again. A few years ago

there was a scare about swine flu, the way the media was going on about it people should

have been dropping like flies but they weren't.

Could that be because a very large number of people were vaccinated against swine flu before the epidemic gained ground in the UK?

The purpose of the vaccination is to reduce the number of people who get flu.

A large number of people were vaccinated and fewer people got flu.

Perhaps the vaccine worked. - And you are complaining that the vaccine worked. If the vaccine had not worked, presumably you would be complaining that it didn't work.

I can't help but suspect someone is conning someone else and getting a tidy little income from it.

Who is doing the conning and who is being conned I cannot decide. However, if I get the flu and

die from the infection you all will know I was wrong with my initial suspicion.

The global manufacturing capacity for flu vaccine is approx. 3 billion doses. If you don't want one, I'm sure there will be plenty of takers.

Had mine again last week. No bad affects, can't even pinpoint where the needle went in.....

A several years ago I had the flu jab ...

Oh god, is it that time of the year again? Call me mad but i'd rather have a gum injection than one in my arm, it hurts much less. Suppose ill be reluctantly calling the doctors later.

I had mine last week and spent a couple of days with a sore spot on my leg (I have injections in my leg rather than my arm by choice) and I didn't make that any better by sitting down with my phone in my pocket and digging the corner in to the injection site, but I'm less than a week afterwards and it's all fine now :)

I've only ever had real flu once and it took 6 months to get my asthma stabilised properly afterwards, so I don't plan on having it again.

I have an appointment at the Quack's tomorrow for the jab... Hope I don't have any after effects :(

Is flu vaccine only available in the UK by injection?

For the last 3 years, each time I went for flu vaccination the patients were sorted into 2 lines. Those aged 49+, pregnant women and those aged under 2 were given an injection, the remainder were given an aerosol spray in the nose.

This link explains the vaccine.

Are you aged over 49, are you pregnant or do you have one of a number of listed chronic ailments? (I don't know whether that list includes Asthma, but it may well do.)

If you're in one of the groups for whom the live attenuated virus is not recommended, you won't get the option.

Is flu vaccine only available in the UK by injection?

For the last 3 years, each time I went for flu vaccination the patients were sorted into 2 lines. Those aged 49+, pregnant women and those aged under 2 were given an injection, the remainder were given an aerosol spray in the nose.

This link explains the vaccine.

Interesting; I've had a look via Google and haven't managed to track down anywhere in London offering it. With the number of private health and vaccination clinics around I'd have thought a nasal vaccine would be heavily advertised if available but there's no sign of it :confused:

Wouldn't catch me having the jab. Strangely at our workplace last year most people who took it still ended up getting ill and a lot felt rotten afterwards.

You have a perfectly good immune system which you know hasn't been tampered with. As for the flu jab, do you honestly know what's in it?

Wouldn't catch me having the jab. Strangely at our workplace last year most people who took it still ended up getting ill and a lot felt rotten afterwards.

You have a perfectly good immune system which you know hasn't been tampered with. As for the flu jab, do you honestly know what's in it?

I do honestly know what's in it and it doesn't terrify me. I think a lot of the misconceptions come from people who've had the jab and still get nasty colds. I had swine flu two years ago and I was very, very poorly. Most people have only get influenza once or twice in their lifetime. It's an incredibly nasty illness which does kill people who are predisposed to chest infections or have compromised immune systems, which is why they are offered the vaccination. It isn't offered to anyone and everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
As for the flu jab, do you honestly know what's in it?

thats why i didn't have one last year, I read they were including the swine flu vacine, which i didn't think was neccessary (all hype like bird flu), so I went without, and survived.

Archived