Soft drink price shock rose and crown

maggidee

its no wonder pubs are on the slide,at the rose and crown barlborough,i was charged 2 pound for a pint of very weak orange coidial and soda. a j20 was 1. 75.when i said it was the dearest pint ive ever paid i was told it was 1 pound for the orange and i pound for the soda. the average is from 60p to 1.20 for this drink in a lot of places.one pub in killamarsh its 50p. so the j2o was a better drink for the money ,the most i have paid in cornwall was 1.40. a lot of pubs tell me that the soda is free you are only charged 20pence a shot for the orange. i would like to know what price it is in your local , just ask and put it on here who has the best soft drink prices in sheffield. cheers:

I am teetotal. I drink orange-and-soda, or Blackcurrant-and-soda when I have to go to the pub (for meetings etc) if diet coke isn't available, and I generally pay about 90p for a pint of cordial and soda.

I really do think the prices of soft drinks should be much lower, as the high prices are IMO no encouragement for punters to drink sensibly, and not get "smashed", or if they are the designated driver for the evening, there's no incentive to stay off the alcohol.

It penalises those who want to be teetotal or those who want to be moderate or sensible in their alcohol consumption.

It's particularly bad considering the syrup used to make lemonade/coke costs about 2p per glass, and the soda water is free! Unfortunately with the price of alcohol ever-rising, the only way pubs can kep their heads above water is by nudging up the soft drinks!

It's a shame but it's the only way otherwise there won't be any pubs left!

I know Escape in chapeltown only charges 35p for cordial because the soda is free, if that helps!

I can't believe the price they charge for a bit of squash and water! They must be making so much profit from it. I don't expect it to be very cheap about 80p for a pint. I do understand that they have to pay rents, wages, heating etc. But when you can pay as much for a pint of coke as a pint of larger that does take the biscuit! As said in a previous thread-it does not encorage people not to drink and drive when they go out. I have been in Walkabout and they gave the driver a free soft drink-just had to buy two other drinks-and show your car keys. Great idea. more pubs should do this.

I can't believe the price they charge for a bit of squash and water! They must be making so much profit from it. I don't expect it to be very cheap about 80p for a pint. I do understand that they have to pay rents, wages, heating etc. But when you can pay as much for a pint of coke as a pint of larger that does take the biscuit! As said in a previous thread-it does not encorage people not to drink and drive when they go out. I have been in Walkabout and they gave the driver a free soft drink-just had to buy two other drinks-and show your car keys. Great idea. more pubs should do this.

I dislike walkabout, but I have to applaud that initiative... and yes more pubs ought to do that for the designated driver.

That's been a thing for years, it's dearer for half a coke than half a Tetley's for instance, in most Pubs.

It's wrong, and IMO it encourages underage drinking in a way, cos kids can't afford the soft stuff, so they logically go on the loopy juice cos it's cheaper.

Archived