Soft drink price shock rose and crown

maggidee

i was in a pub the other night and they had a special on drinks....

i enquired what soft drinks were a pound and the barstaff where a bit dumbfounded

but they found out eventually.

I have been known to smuggle a j2o and a bottle opener into pubs n clubs on principle if they are only selling weak lemonade

dull

In the Sheaf View I've not been charged before for lime and soda.

When I worked as a barmaid we generally charged just for a shot of cordial for a squash and soda - about 25p around five years ago...

Considering how much markup pubs have on post-mix the prices they charge are disgraceful.

i was in a pub the other night and they had a special on drinks....

i enquired what soft drinks were a pound and the barstaff where a bit dumbfounded

but they found out eventually.

I have been known to smuggle a j2o and a bottle opener into pubs n clubs on principle if they are only selling weak lemonade

dull

Lol! And I thought I was a cheapskate, I too refuse on principle to pay more than £1.60 at even Town prices for a J2O.

the prices of soft drinks in pubs are ridiculous! a pint of coke is often the same price as a pint of lager. i believe this would encourage people to drink drive, they ought to make pints of coke around £1 and cordial based drinks 60 pence.

Archived