Complaint about Leadmill bouncers

skinggdonn

i can remember when i was about 19yrs old on tried gettin in Berlins the only form ov ID i had on me was my birth cretificate. after showin it to the bouncer he then ripped it up an said that it wasnt the right for of id before lettin me in!

The leadmill doorstaff or upthere if not worse than the ones at embrace nightclub. The bull dog looking one has ot be the worse followed bu the chap with grey hair. Neither can i say this is the first and i doubt the last thread on here about the doorstaff at leadmill.

Plug nightclub, now they have what i consider to be one of the best doorstaff in Sheffield along with West Street Live.

The west st live door staff are ace! I go in there just to see the bouncers!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Leadmill on a Monday night which is supposed to be a student night.. None of us were students and they were going to refuse us. Eventually they let us in and did a search on the 2 guys we were with and it was appalling.

They made them take off their shoes and shoes and spread their toes and everything!! Like a prison search.. Completely out of order!!!

I have never seen anything like it - suprised to say we didn't go in after that due to the violation...

Have seen some pretty nasty bouncers around sheffield. in leadmill a friend of mine was put in an arm lock for no reason and literally dragged out. when i spoke to the police, despite only having had a couple of drinks, i was told that because i'd had a drink i had no rights and they wouldnt believe me. This was a totally lucid conversation, he was quite 'friendly' about it, but clearly explained that he wouldnt believe me over the bouncers cos i'd been drinking. a friend of mine was also pushed to the ground outside cavendish. shes a tiny little 5' girl and he was over six foot and pretty massive. he pushed her for no reason, and when we went back the next day we were told that this wasnt the first time he'd done it and was consequently fired. so, there is sometimes justice. unfortunately the doormen about sheffield all know each other and ive seen certain bouncers working doors all over town, so theres no escape from most of the idiots.

Have seen some pretty nasty bouncers around sheffield. in leadmill a friend of mine was put in an arm lock for no reason and literally dragged out. when i spoke to the police, despite only having had a couple of drinks, i was told that because i'd had a drink i had no rights and they wouldnt believe me. This was a totally lucid conversation, he was quite 'friendly' about it, but clearly explained that he wouldnt believe me over the bouncers cos i'd been drinking. a friend of mine was also pushed to the ground outside cavendish. shes a tiny little 5' girl and he was over six foot and pretty massive. he pushed her for no reason, and when we went back the next day we were told that this wasnt the first time he'd done it and was consequently fired. so, there is sometimes justice. unfortunately the doormen about sheffield all know each other and ive seen certain bouncers working doors all over town, so theres no escape from most of the idiots.

agree.

Cav bouncers used to be tossers (although they did used to intimidate the lady boy varsity ones :P ) but recently I've not had a problem with them. must be new staff. Leadmill ones are still the worst though. RSVP had an idiot on too, not sure if he's still there.

I have never had any violence directed towards me. 99% of the time people will bring the violence on themselves and the bouncers will use reasonable force to remove trouble causing punters from the premesis and ensure they do not return. Before you think it, i'm not a bouncer btw.

Why should they give you an explanation if they turf you out? Its their call on who is in the club, R.O.A.R. Especially if you are drunk.

I agree with that I have been pubing and clubing for years and never had a single issue with door staff.

However I have seen some of the crap they have to put up with and its often beyond a joke.

No matter what the attitude of the door staff if you dont attract their attention then you probably wont have an issue.

And if you do get chucked out cause you happen to be next to some idiot causing trouble then move on theres plenty of other places.

We went to Leadmill on a Monday night which is supposed to be a student night.. None of us were students and they were going to refuse us. Eventually they let us in and did a search on the 2 guys we were with and it was appalling.

They made them take off their shoes and shoes and spread their toes and everything!! Like a prison search.. Completely out of order!!!

I have never seen anything like it - suprised to say we didn't go in after that due to the violation...

There are some good bouncers and there are some poor ones like the ones in the leadmill that are on some sort of power trip, that have to make up for having such a small dick

• 10 months later...

Thought this was perhaps the best place to add my reply. Sorry, its a long one!

This evening my husband and I, and my brother and his girlfriend (who travelled from glasgow for the gig) went to see Frightened Rabbit. All was fine, used our tickets to get in, in good time, my brother and I went for a smoke before FR came onstage and got our hands stamped (or more, penned). Had a bit of a joke with the female bouncer on the door about it taking 3 weeks to come off - I do wash, honest!

During the gig, myself and my husband decided to go out for a smoke and when we came to the main doors, there was absolutely noone there. We walked to the left of the doors and the bouncers (probably the one mentioned in previous posts) and the female bouncer and 2 friends were having a bit of a laugh outside, just past where there is a doorway with intercom to the left of the entrance. We didn't interrupt them as they looked up and acknowledged us and I'd previously shared a joke with the girl so didn't think to go over to get my husbands hand penned at that exact point (is that not their job to do anyway?). Also, it wasn't that long since they saw us go into the gig.

We had our smoke and went to enter the venue. No chance. The 'larger figured' bouncer (who had now moved inside with his pals, thus passing us on the way) absolutely refused as my husband's hand wasn't penned.

I pointed out that this was because they weren't at the door when we went out. Completely denied. I argued my point, and pointed out they were actually outside at the time, as my husband did (in his own mild mannered version, he's very softly spoken!) and we were asked to leave 'his club.'

Afterwards my brother asked them why this was and apparently my husband was 'aggressive.'

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience of obtaining the cctv footage outside the leadmill as I am determined to prove them wrong. To say I'm raging would be an understatement (I'm quite proud of keeping my glasweigan temperament cool at the time, although its in full flow now!!!). The part I'm most annoyed about is the blatant lying and saying that they were there at the door 'all night' - even when we came back half an hour later (although I kept a distance as my temper had reached boiling point at the time!) to meet my brother after the gig they were ****ing about outside!!

Does anyone have any useful suggestions as to what to do with this? There is no way in hell I'm letting this one lie. I'd accept it if I was drunk and being a gimp but I most certainly wasn't!!!

Archived