Complaint about Leadmill bouncers

skinggdonn

i know a few people who work doors in and around Sheffield... ...before the sia license came in the leadmill was well known for taking anyone on...and quite a few were there just "kick some heads in"

source: the man sat next to me...just told quite nonchalantly :help:

I completely agree about the Leadmill bouncers.

Here is my story:

I was out with my friends enjoying a night out when I need to go to the toilet. As I was in the corridor, a fight kicked off between random people that I didnt know. As I tried to walk around the ruckus, a split second later the bouncers intervened and citizens arrested me and frog-marched me out of the club.

Afterwards, I was taken into the foyer and actually thrown against a wall, was told to have my arms where the bouncer could see them whilst I was "searched". After complaining for ages and trying to get back in, I was refused entry and told even though I wasn't anything to do with the fight, that it was in my best interests to leave otherwise the police (who were down the road) would arrest me.

So there I was with a bruised shoulder (for a week afterwards).

A couple of weeks after that incident we decided to go there (on a spur of the moment decision). As we got to the foyer, I was again grabbed and taken outside by the "Head Of Security" who thought that I was too ****** to go in. After proving that I was actually 100% sober and hadn't even been drinking (reciting alphabet backwards, walking in a straight line etc) he allowed me to rejoin the queue. Needless to say it was the same bouncer that ruined my shoulder.

Leadmill have lost a good customer of theirs in myself....

Rant over..

I completely agree about the Leadmill bouncers.

Here is my story:

I was out with my friends enjoying a night out when I need to go to the toilet. As I was in the corridor, a fight kicked off between random people that I didnt know. As I tried to walk around the ruckus, a split second later the bouncers intervened and citizens arrested me and frog-marched me out of the club.

Afterwards, I was taken into the foyer and actually thrown against a wall, was told to have my arms where the bouncer could see them whilst I was "searched". After complaining for ages and trying to get back in, I was refused entry and told even though I wasn't anything to do with the fight, that it was in my best interests to leave otherwise the police (who were down the road) would arrest me.

So there I was with a bruised shoulder (for a week afterwards).

A couple of weeks after that incident we decided to go there (on a spur of the moment decision). As we got to the foyer, I was again grabbed and taken outside by the "Head Of Security" who thought that I was too ****** to go in. After proving that I was actually 100% sober and hadn't even been drinking (reciting alphabet backwards, walking in a straight line etc) he allowed me to rejoin the queue. Needless to say it was the same bouncer that ruined my shoulder.

Leadmill have lost a good customer of theirs in myself....

Rant over..

It's the only place I've ever had issues with the bouncers as well. If it was a decent place inside I might put up with them, but as its crap I certainly don't miss going there.

If just about every other bar in town can employ decent human beings as bouncers why can't Leadmill? I wonder if they know how much custom they have lost due to these retards on the doors.

Nor me, and I've lost count of the number of times I've been there over the years, easily into 3 figures.

I'm not saying he isn't a thick meat headed knuckle dragger though. There are too many stories about him for at least some of them not to be true. And he does give that impression.

I'd not long been in Sheffield and was on a works night out. I got talking to some randoms and the work people were heading to the next bar - I thought nothing of it as we were on West Street.

I followed them out after about 5 minutes and realised all the bars were closed, but remembered someone saying something about going to a 'Mill'?

I jumped in a cab and asked the driver if he knew what/where it was and he took me to the Leadmill.

I spoke to the bouncers about going to to find my friends, but he said I would have to pay (fair enough). I paid, went in, looked around and on seeing no one I recognised, I left.

The bouncer hailed me on the way out and got me a refund as I was obviously there for the reason I said.

The he offered to let me wait a bit in the foyer to see if my friends turned up.

He entertained me for a bit, then said 'Oh, I think your freinds have just arrived' - he'd recognised them from my description.

In the end, a lot of fun was had by all. I was thankful to the Door Supervisor and I have never had a bad experience.

He even hailed a cab for me when I left.

You should give the bouncers a break they have a tough job, if they let the wrong people in it can turn out to be a crappy night for evryone.

They are bound to be a bit strung and stand for no nonesense, they get abuse thrown at them constantly.

So you got ejected big woop.

Archived