The status of charles st

Connect4Fun

Please forgive me for being shockingly unobservent (and awful at spelling) but has charles st shut down? I went in there once, saw a guy polishing off a knife, walked out, banned myself and then went to republic.... was a shame really cos the music and layout was good!

yeah i'm not sure...it was such a shame when UG left there...great venue and it seems like sheffield could do with it at the minute. Last i heard it was a no-go area if you're unarmed!

has anyone checked out the D&B night there? is it still on?

Originally posted by Connect4Fun

Please forgive me for being shockingly unobservent (and awful at spelling) but has charles st shut down? I went in there once, saw a guy polishing off a knife, walked out, banned myself and then went to republic.... was a shame really cos the music and layout was good!

What do you mean "polishing a knife"? Is that an expression or did he have a real knife and he was polishing it? I really despise the whole hip-hop "I'm part of a gang" culture.

If by the DnB nite that used to be there you mean Jungle Juice - I never liked it. The music wasn't bad but the fairly relaxed door policy meant that it was full of underage wannabe rude boys who thought they were something special. Was an absolute nightmare being female in there - it was like just hit puberty testosterone overload with little grabbing monkey hands all over the place. Ugh!

UG used to be a good night there, personally I preferred it in a smaller club with different rooms, but that's just me.

Archived