Pickerings Cardboard Boxes

mrsnoo

Hi mate, Im trying to find a John Pickering that lived in the Fulwood area in Preston. He will be about 39 ish now. Do you know if he drank in Preston and went in Tokyo Jo's nightclub back in 1991, he also had short sometimes spikey blond hair.

Sorry.

The John Pickering I know is from Fulwood, SHEFFIELD, not Preston and will be 40 years old. To the best of my knowledge he lives near Woodseats with a wife and two children.

While he might have sported spiky hair, the JP I know had ginger(ish) hair and could be a proverbial pain in the backside.

But we sure did laugh...

I think you are getting your Pickering Street / Roads a little mixed.

Pickering Road is at Neepsend, never been called Street.

You are correct, I only had a quick look in my book.Ill try again Pickering Rd was originally called Prospect Rd, it was named after Joseph Pickering, a polishing paste manufacturer.

Sorry.

The John Pickering I know is from Fulwood, SHEFFIELD, not Preston and will be 40 years old. To the best of my knowledge he lives near Woodseats with a wife and two children.

While he might have sported spiky hair, the JP I know had ginger(ish) hair and could be a proverbial pain in the backside.

But we sure did laugh...

Thanks for the reply my friend. Your John Pickering sounds like a good bloke in all.!!

Take care ; )

My grandma and my mum used to work there in fact my mum had her finger end chopped off while cutting the cardboard, in those days you did'nt get any compensation for it like you would have today.My mum is 83 now but she still talks about the laugh's they used to have.:hihi:

I worked at Monogram Cutlery 1964/1967 - we bought all the carborad boxes for the cutlery and scissors from Pickerings. I remeber that their representative was a very nice guy - a perfect gentleman - his name was Mt Foers.

Grey Eminence - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

• 2 weeks later...

My mum worked there in the forties. She went on a works outing, to Blackpool I think, and the son of one of the others workers went along with his mum for the day out. He clapped eyes on my mum and the rest is history. Her and my dad would have been married 58 years next month but sadly mum died a couple of months ago. Her was Maisie Hessey in those days, and my Nan was Alice Hoyland.

• 11 months later...