jamesogt

Best Hotel Restaurant in Sheffield  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Best Hotel Restaurant in Sheffield

• Marriot
    • Hilton
    • Holiday Inn Roayal Victoria
    • The Rutland

Does anybody know of the best Hotel restaurants in Sheffield? I know the Marriot and the Holiday inn Royal Vic have them, but does anyone thats not staying go there? and are they very good? I find ecclesall rd is a bit of a battle on the weekend and hotels usually have parking and reservations available.

Guest Cutglass

I spent Crimbo wk/end at the Victoria and altho it was Xmas lunch so you expect it to be ok, it was brill, definitely recommend it! Had a few suppers there too and they were lovely, so if you're wanting somewhere different, give them a try!

Originally posted by Lucy_Smith

My boyfriend and I had dinner at the Hilton a while back and it was TERRIBLE. Never been to such an awful restaurent. Please don't put yourself through the torture of eating their food, it tasted like warmed up microwave food :gag:

I echo your sentiments Lucy! I had the misfortune to eat there on several occasions for corporate functions. Blee! :gag:

K x

Hotel chains tend to have meals that are unfortunately pre-packaged and reheated / microwaved. This isn't cooking!! Once slight exception to this is Malmaison where the food is exquisite.

Save your money and go to a decent restaurant like Thyme where the chefs actually cook the food with pans, grills etc.

Originally posted by JonJParr

Hotel chains tend to have meals that are unfortunately pre-packaged and reheated / microwaved. This isn't cooking!! Once slight exception to this is Malmaison where the food is exquisite.

Save your money and go to a decent restaurant like Thyme where the chefs actually cook the food with pans, grills etc.

I think that depends on the hotel chain.

At least some things must be around in a non preprepared way as they can generally make anything specific that you ask for in the better hotels.

Archived