jamesogt

Best Hotel Restaurant in Sheffield  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Best Hotel Restaurant in Sheffield

• Marriot
    • Hilton
    • Holiday Inn Roayal Victoria
    • The Rutland

Just to add...though you'd probably realise if when you visited them. The Novotel has limited parking (food not so good either!). Holiday Inn has got stacks of parking and food ok I spose.

Otherwise, Id agree with the rest here and avoid hotel restaurants in Sheff centre.

Anywhere BUT the Royal Victoria. We went there at Christmas and before we agreed to the booking we checked it out on the net. Huge dining hall shown with nice round tables and posh cutlery. They also made much of the fact it was a non-smoking environment. So far so good. It cost £37.50 each and the price of wine took it to around £50.

The tables had been removed and replaced with trestle tables so they could cram in several hundred people, half of whom smoked throughout the meal.

The first course consisted of some nice salmon pate but when I asked for bread I was told that was for the soup course.

The rest of the meal was awful and as the evening progressed the music was gradually turned up to that it eventually segued into disco music.

A really poor evening all told.

Went out this weekend to Royal Vic and everything was lovely relatively busy, easy to park and a lovely room. Food was also good about £60 for the 2 of us with wine, as someone else said about the room being crammed with hundreds that must have been another room, this one sat about 60 maximum. Would highly recommend it, make a reservation though as apparently the restaurant is often booked for private functions on the weekends.

Thanks for all the comments we may try some more soon!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived