Food in Leopold Sq

ukdobby

Heard good reports about all the restaurants, there is a curry place ( i dont know name either) and wagamas (?) and platillos. I think its platillos where they do cocktails early evening very reasonable. Not been myself but had to put up with every one else telling me its good and I should.

I've heard Aagrah's is 'even better' than Cafe Guru but haven't tried it myself.

I had really nice food at Popolo.

Once we went to Strada and ordered all their starters to come as tapas and they were brilliant... went back again and had a main course and was disappointed.

Here are all the places in Leopold Square:

http://www.leopoldsq.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=16&Itemid=23

Personally, of all the restaurants in Leopold Square, Strada wins hands down.

Zizzi's was frankly, poor. Aagrah I enjoyed but found the selection simply too big (and the place felt a bit clinical and it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Cafe Guru) and I'm not much a fan of tapas, finding it a messy and expensive affair.

But I've been to Strada three times now and each visit has been fine. The service has always been very good and the food spot on. On two occasions a large number of us turned up without booking. We were seen to and well looked after.

Shame about Hooters not getting in though. I went to one in Florida and it was great, not the smutty joint some people have in mind.

I was disappointed with Platillos. Poor food, poor service.

Same here. I had to send one dish back twice until they got it right.

Wagamama's is the same everywhere you go, and it's great. The only drawback IMO is the canteen-style layout, which can make it really noisy. Ok if you just want to eat quickly and get out again, but not for a dinner out.

Strada is always good, it's a chain but feels ever-so-slightly smarter.

Haven't eaten at the others yet, but no doubt I'll eat my way around the square eventually.

At least 2 of the places do offers on cocktails, Mon-Thu, too :D

Archived