Thai restaurant in Swinton

Tooeg

This lunchtime I ate in a Thai Restaurant on the left as you drive into Swinton from Rotherham

I've forgotten the name, its more of a cafe than a restaurant, the food was excellent, good quality Thai food by a Thai chef, not the cheap substitutes you find in your local Chinese takeaway. I ate from the buffet, #5.99 very good value.

Its run by very obliging Thai staff, Apparently they do English traditional full all day breakfast as well. They are only open in the day until 3.30 because the planners won't let them open in the evening. Sheffield used to have narrow minded planners like that. Sheffield is becoming a 24 hour city, apparently Rotherham is trying to become a 4 hour town.

Its on the opposite corner to the Gate pub at the top of Golden Smithies Lane. Give it a try

Yes, I work just down the road and we've all been talking about this place. It looks like a sandwich shop/takeaway and says that it does English food/sandwiches and Indian/Thai buffet. This is confusing for people as they don't actually know what it is, I didn't help by saying it couldn't be authentic Thai because they do so much else.

Thanks for the info, and I will check it out. Rotherham council? Stuck in the dark ages- I should know, I work for them!!

Yes, I work just down the road and we've all been talking about this place. It looks like a sandwich shop/takeaway and says that it does English food/sandwiches and Indian/Thai buffet. This is confusing for people as they don't actually know what it is, I didn't help by saying it couldn't be authentic Thai because they do so much else.

Thanks for the info, and I will check it out. Rotherham council? Stuck in the dark ages- I should know, I work for them!!

I think because they can't open in the evenings they have tried to broaden their appeal and as you say its perhaps lost a bit of its identity.

As with anyone who has the gumption to give it a try I wish them the best of luck and I will try and support them.

Archived