Frankie & Bennys restaurant- birthday meal out?

hannahclarke

They'll drop the music and put on Happy Birthday really loudly and get the restaurant to sing it to you....it'll be followed by 'Congratulations' (you know the song...) which will be cut off midway.

Haha they did that for my mom's 50th and never indicated which happy birthday was for my mom, the lights went off no cake came out, the second time was hers, with cake, bu I can't help but feel like I hijacked someone's birthday song!

• 3 weeks later...

I used to like Frankie & Bennies when it first opened (10 yrs ago ish!) but we went about a month ago, and it was dire.

Was 'greeted' by a stroppy manager who gave us the distinct impression it was a chore for her to take us to a table, the waitress hardly spoke a word of English, the 'food' took ages and when it did finally arrive, it was terrible.

It took 2 attempts with the waitress to explain that we weren't happy and that we wanted the food replacing but she couldn't understand what we were complaining about.

In the end we gave up and just paid for our drinks and left.

But I hope the OP enjoyed her birthday! Hopefully it wasn't as bad back then!

Archived