Phillimore Road School, Darnall

Gladys

My Mum lived on Jubilee Rd. I remember visiting my Grandad and walking up the "yard" to the outside toilet. I also remember the tin bath infront of the fire. Sadly, both my Mum "Alma" and her sister Doreen have passed away.Their maiden name was " Peverly". They would have both been in their 70's now, but if anyone does remember them I would be interested to know :).

Hi Kayde

I lived on Jubilee road across from your grandparents if i,ve got you right, Mr and Mra peverley, My mum went to school with Alma and i remember very fondly,If ihave got everything right then your suname is Dawson.

I will say more when you confirm that I am right.

Hello Glady's. i was there in 72 - 73 and we had mixed swimming lessons at

Attercliffe Baths. Yes i also remember those rubber swimming caps, they were awful lol.

I also remember a few of the teachers from the junior department;

Mrs Mathumen, mrs Shilitoe, miss Saul, mrs Parkin, mr Failkner, mrs Hill, mr Arnold, there was a part timer called mrs Beader who originally took my mother at CARBROOK BOARD SCHOOL. and mr Edwards the head.

Do any of you who went to Phillimore also these teachers .

i left phillimore road school around 67/68 i was in mr arnolds class at the time i used to give the lad i was sat next to my break money to give me the answers to the maths questions miss carr was there then and i can recall going to conisbrough castle and having a singing lesson via the radio in the grounds of the castle years later i met a lad from conisbrough and settled there

Hi Kayde

I lived on Jubilee road across from your grandparents if i,ve got you right, Mr and Mra peverley, My mum went to school with Alma and i remember very fondly,If ihave got everything right then your suname is Dawson.

I will say more when you confirm that I am right.

Just spotted this . Yeah that's my Mum, Alma :) and Mathilda and Earnest Peverly were indeed my grandparents .

• 4 weeks later...
i started at phillimore school at the age of 5yr in 1957 can't beleive it's still there.i must go and take a look when i'm in sheffeild again. i live in germany at the momment

i lardyda, iwas there ,around the time ,you mention,whats yr name, mines dave evans

• 1 month later...
Just spotted this . Yeah that's my Mum, Alma :) and Mathilda and Earnest Peverly were indeed my grandparents .

Hi Kayde

Sorry about the delay in answering but things to do!!!! I remember your mum and dad with great affection, we lived across the road from mr & mrs Peverly

Our surname is Stevens I went to school with your aunt Doreens son Neal before they moved onto the Gleadless estate, you don,t mention your dad I hope John is still going strong as I remember visiting him and Alma on many occasions when they lived near the old ASDA.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I went to Phillimore Road School back in the 60's.

Remember my first day and being split up from my Cuz Steven Booth (RIP).

Mrs Mathuman (spelt wrong) she used to have a Scooter and I remember righting a bit about it getting wet in the rain.

Also remember putting my fingers down my thought and being sick in assembly.

Being the Archangel Gabriel in the Nativity play "Do not be afried Mary I bring you tieddings of good cheer".

Years latter being in Mrs Hill class when she broke her arm.

All good memories.