Phillimore Road School, Darnall

Gladys

Mr Edwards was the Head at that time, a lovely olddish man who would tell the class stories.

It was not mr Arnold who used to throw the blackboard rubber at you it was mr falkner, he was always known to to do this. if he thought you were talking then the next thing you would see was the rubber coming past you at speed lol, Both mr Arnold and mr Falkner were both 4th year teachers. i was in mr Arnold's class.

I was in Falkners class he used to rub his knuckles on the top of my head, sure he caused me brain damage.

DJ

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I went to this school then to park house anybody remember me Alan Ball

Hi Alan, yes I remember you at both Phillimore and Park House, Have you looked at Park House schools Face Book site, alot of the guys and girls on there, I see Dave Lee and Kelvin Copeland regularly, and there is a Reonion comming up in Feb For Park House people.

See You Alan,

Dave.

I see Steve Olive , Mark Ogden from time to time and also Mick Browne at the match I think im a bit older than you,(55) 56 next are you related to Richard Briggs

Hi again Alan.

Yes I'm 55, and getting older every day.

As for being related to Richard, No not closely, but than again my Grandfarther and his 3 brothers arived in Sheffield from Norfolk in the 1900's and had very large families that I am no longer in touch with, so I may be, if you know what I mean.

I think you was in my year but not in the same classes, I definatly rember you and skippy.

We should meet up, Dave Lee and Kelvin will probably be going for a pint soon I will after try and drop a note in for when and ware.

Dave.