I need a real country pub !!!

Kashul

I have a friend coming tomorrow for one night, she is from new zeland and is staying in London.

She wants to go out to dinner tomorrow night to experiance a real old fashioned country pub with food....I would have taken her to Fox House a few years back but they have gone all gastro and posh and its lost its charm so dont go anymore.

Has anyone got any ideas ? Countryside a must and quaint charming...No gastro mes ups...

Fox House a few years back but they have gone all gastro and posh and its lost its charm so dont go anymore.

Fox house is far from Gastro! There is thread on here somehwere I may drag it up for you in a sec ! It is chain microwave rubbish! Plough at Hathersage not bad either, if you want a 'Real' pub, cheap food and massive portions and real Locals then take them to Little John at Hathersage.

Fox house is far from Gastro! There is thread on here somehwere I may drag it up for you in a sec ! It is chain microwave rubbish! Plough at Hathersage not bad either, if you want a 'Real' pub, cheap food and massive portions and real Locals then take them to Little John at Hathersage.

The food at the Fox House is far from gastro quality, but the place definitely has pretensions! It used to be fairly nice, but we gave up going a few years ago when we realised that we could stay at home and cook considerably better food ourselves.

I'd also recommend the Little John at Hathersage, or any of the pubs in Bradfield. The Ladybower Inn is also great, we've had some fabulous meals there and everything is very traditional English pub food.

Archived