Tuesday Nights In Sheffield

ace1010

Originally posted by Agent ****

That's your opinion.

Mine is that it's overpriced, overrated, not terribly exciting and should be open later. It would be nice to see someone other than Ronny Size or Andy C play there too.

To be honest though, I don't really like drum n bass much these days, there's far too much 5hit in the scene.

Of course I disagree with most of what you say here, although have noted the points of criticism in the thread.

As a point of fact however, Roni Size played a DJ set at Tuesday Club last week for the first time since 1998or9. (His live band played once in the meantime). Andy C last played in September.

There's plenty of hip-hop and sometimes other music that goes on at the night as well.

PM Jamie about the salsa dancing lessons he goes to at the Forum on Division Street, they're usually on Tuesdays.

Apparently it's a good night, even if you've got 2 left feet.

Agent **** I beg to differ, I like the Tuesday Club, and there are often acts other than Roni Size and andy C there (although he does play rather a lot!)

What other uni in the country would I get to see London Electricity, Format and Abdominal, Rodney P, Herbaliser, Kamanchi, Roots Manuva, Fingathing and other such class acts every week from £5 - £8 a shot? I know its not a very good venue and its only on for four hours but I still reckon Sheffield wouldn't be as good without it.

Although I might be a little biased as I most weeks with all my friends and I guess getting blazed and drunk and having a laugh with your best mates would make any night seem good.

Except maybe friday at gatecrasher..hehe ;)

Archived