Silent discos??

retro_84

Just like a nightclub night but instead of having full PA system blasting out, music gets played via headphones instead

ive heard all the phones play different choons too?

a local festivals got one planned, might make it, might not

Totally and utterly pointless gimmick.

Why?

Its great, offers the crowd 2 different nights in one, makes for a good dj battle to try and get as much of the crowd as you can singing to your tunes.

I'd do another in a shot if asked

ive heard all the phones play different choons too?

a local festivals got one planned, might make it, might not

Mel - Normally 2 dj's on and you flick the headphones over form one dj to the other whenever you want. So you might be listenign to one track then your friends might have the other dj on

Mel - Normally 2 dj's on and you flick the headphones over form one dj to the other whenever you want. So you might be listenign to one track then your friends might have the other dj on

It gets more ridiculous by the minute.

Why? -Gives you the choice of 2 different kinds of music. Also makes for a massive reaction when all of a sudden you hear every one sing-a-long in a completely silent bar.

Unless of course you're the dj and they are singing along to the other guy :(

Its something different, bit of a laugh but i've not been to a bad one yet either working or as a punter

Guess its not the kind of thing for Radio 2 listeners Top :)

Why? -Gives you the choice of 2 different kinds of music. Also makes for a massive reaction when all of a sudden you hear every one sing-a-long in a completely silent bar.

Unless of course you're the dj and they are singing along to the other guy :(

Its something different, bit of a laugh but i've not been to a bad one yet either working or as a punter

Guess its not the kind of thing for Radio 2 listeners Top :)

I do listen to Radio 2 on occasion, I also listen to CD's of a very very wide variety of artists, I attend around 25-30 live concerts a year, I spent many happy Saturday nights/Sunday mornings at Sheffields Gatecrasher, in the days when it was THE premier dance club in the UK.

I consider listening to music as a hobby (of sorts), I'm still not interested in the pointless rubbish your promoting.

I really don't get the point of a headphone disco in a nightclub.

On the other hand, a headphone disco allowing you to have a club night in places where you couldn't normally is awesome. I've done several outdoors til the early hours where we had noise restrictions after 11pm. Chuck in a decent lighting and video rig and you effectively have a nightclub on the street. It's this soft of thing which I think makes the idea come into it's own (didn't it start at Glasto as a way for people to party through the night without disturbing campers?), and can give people a completely different experience.

How awesome would a headphone disco on the Peace Gardens at at August bank holiday be!

Archived