Why go to the pub so that you can sit outside and smoke?

tompos

Why go to the pub so that you can sit outside and smoke? What is the point?

Tonight I went out to the pub with three mates, all of whom smoke, and they insisted on sitting outside in the cold so that they could chain smoke....!!!

And it was really cold tonight.......brrrrr

Has anyone else experienced any of this ridiculous behaviour?

I used to smoke, and i remember going out for fags, not just staying outside in the cold.....

nowt wrong with smoking. if they hadn't banned it in pubs people wouldn't need to go outside, would they? If passive smoking's that harmful why isn't everyone who's ever been in a pub got cancer?

This is true, and my complaint is not with smoking itself - I am an ex-smoker myself.

I just find difficult to understand the idea that, you would go to the pub and pay pub prices for drinks, for the privlidge of sitting outside - with no-one, and drinking.

Might as well have stayed at home :(

I dont go in pubs anymore, I smoke and just occasionally like a half a larger, I enjoyed the atmosphere of having a drink in a sociable set up...As it is only now and then though it doesnt bother me, I just buy a can of stella and sit in my warm living room and watch a dvd with hubbie haha

cigarettes!!! I just dont see the attraction at all...what is it about these gross cancer sticks that get people so excited and mad enough to shiver outside sucking on their coffin nails....I dont understand this......am I the only one here? Is smoking sexy? is it cool?

It was in the 60's for sure.....but surely not these days....

nowt wrong with smoking. if they hadn't banned it in pubs people wouldn't need to go outside, would they? If passive smoking's that harmful why isn't everyone who's ever been in a pub got cancer?

Are you seriously going to try to argue that there's no link between smoking, both passive and personally, to lung cancer?

Archived