What is the Corporation like these days?

foxycoxy

I used to be a regular at the Corp (previous to that i was a regular at Slacker! @ The Repblic) back when it was at Bank Street, i haven't been since it breifly moved to the Arches!

I want your opinions on how it is at the minute, what the music and the people are like, and if there is any alternative if the Corp is pants!

I feel the need to ROCK!!

its not at the arches anymore, it was only there for a short time. It's at The Unit ( near devonshire green) now, although i'm sure the name is just corp now.

Like you i was a regular at Bank Street, those were the days, but i did go to the monday and friday night specials i few times at corp and it was fun but not sure now.

Corp is incredibly sweaty but the layout is okay!

Originally posted by _Ren

its not at the arches anymore, it was only there for a short time. It's at The Unit ( near devonshire green) now, although i'm sure the name is just corp now.

Like you i was a regular at Bank Street, those were the days, but i did go to the monday and friday night specials i few times at corp and it was fun but not sure now.

Corp is incredibly sweaty but the layout is okay!

The Corporation used to be sweaty.. the a/c was shot! I used to go on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Hardside and Reservior Rocks were the greatest. Is the music still the same??

well the nights are still called the same i think but i'm stuck in the past so i expect to hear the same songs as i did then. but its all new stuff now.but yeah same kinda thing. and stupidly cheap drinks.

I used to love the middle room on Friday nights, all sorts of great metally treats, and then they made it into a pants student room and moved the metal into the huge new room which has a rubbish atmosphere. Also used to like the downstairs room that was all old rock (quite some sights to be had in there!), but that's changed now as well.

Been a couple of times recently to see bands and stayed on afterwards but there's no cheap booze deals going on and it just seemed to be filled with children being sick. And what a terrible venue that downstairs bit is for bands, but at least they're making an effort to get live music which is unusual for this city.

Maybe it's better on a Saturday, have to give it a go.

Oh for those old Corporation days at the old venue, they really were great....

I went on a monday night a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I'm not into rock so stayed upstairs most of the time where they were playing pretty good hiphop. The downstairs room was really crowded with people moshing (at least I think that's what you call it) and from their reactions I think the music was good (I am totally clueless when it comes to that type of music). There were a few kiddies there but what was nice was that there didn't seem to be any attitude towards anyone despite there being really different types of people in one club. Oh and the fact that a vodka and coke cost £1 :big grin:

Archived