What is the Corporation like these days?

foxycoxy

Originally posted by uniB

but there's no cheap booze deals going on

...apart from bottled beer for a quid, alcoholic milkshakes for £1.60, vodka and mixer for 50p etc...

Saturday has the lowest number of kids and the highest amount of Rawk.

Res Rocks is still excellent on a Saturday night, I'm only just getting used to them playing newer stuff in their but they still play a load of Motley Crue, AC/DC, Black Crowes, The Quireboys etc etc so it's good for me.

The younger ones tend to go upstairs but I've been having more of a wander round these past few weeks and they aren't as young as I first thought. I think the younger ones prefer the other night. Get me, I'm only 26 and believing I'm one of the older ones. It comes from going there (whatever it's location) for the past 12/13 years.

Sarah (Silverjet girlfriend)

all depends on how you look at it. The venue is horrible, although the bigger main room is an improvement on the unit of old. The drinks are still quite cheap. The place is overrun by youngsters, but then it always was, its just we all used to be those yonugsters... also lots of kids means far smaller bar queues for hardend drinkers to enjoy.

Go on saturday for slightly more variation in the music and a slightly more mature clientel.

Originally posted by SilentStatic

...apart from bottled beer for a quid, alcoholic milkshakes for £1.60, vodka and mixer for 50p etc...

I was convinced they didn't when I went to 65 Days of Static a few weeks back - maybe I had too many of those £1 bottles of beer to remember!!

I've recently moved back to sheff and started going to the corp again after about a 5 year gap and it's not the same personally. I remember going on fridays and saturdays years ago at the old place and it was great. Slacker at the republic and before that the drop at the city hall were all good venues.

At least there is a decent rock pub relativly close by called Nelsons otherwise it'd be a walk accross town from the dove and rainbow.

Originally posted by AaronD

Slacker at the republic and before that the drop at the city hall were all good venues.

I never liked the Slacker and felt a bit slighted when it was closed at the Republic.

Does anyone know why that happened?

The rumour I heard was the Republic management explained the closure as being due to the fact that the night was attracting an element they didn't like. I've never been sure this was more than a little bit of fiction, as the idea of a Rock/Alt night attracting a bad crowd was ludicrous back then.

Been a couple of times recently (friday) plenty of kids, plenty of older types too (30+). To be honest I've not had any problem with drunk young'uns, I'm just glad they like decent music and not the cheesy RnB hell we live in!

Gets a bit busy but enjoyed it. Nothing like how it used to be, so don't go expecting it to be like the Bank Street days.

Anyway, who are we to complain about youngsters drinking too much? I remember having more than a few dodgy alcohol fueled nights at Corp, Slacker, and City Hall Drop.

Monday at corp is good (I think, I cant really remember :) )

The other friday me and the fella were in the dev cat watching all the kids going down to corp, now I'm only 21 but these people looked about 14!

Grumble Grumble. I blame the parents.

Archived