Advice Needed - Should i do something?

wondertec

I've been pondering over this for a few days and can't decide what, if anything, i should do....

I have a neighbour who has a young dog, staffy crossed with some breed of bull terrier, possibly pit bull.

Thing is, they have had it about 6 weeks, possibly more and i have only seen it taken for a walk ONCE. It is kept in a pen in the garden and never let out to run around. Currently there is at least 4 days of poo in there to be cleared up. It constantly cries and whimpers and wags it's tail like mad when i talk to it over the wall...

They had a dog previously but gave it away as they wouldn't/couldn't look after it properly and it was exactly the same, kept in the garden ALL the time and very rarely walked with no contact.

Thing is i know what is going to happen, it will turn out a destructive dog, not social at all and the dog will get the blame, not the owner.

I'd offer to walk it but it is a VERY powerful dog, even at this young age and it doesn't have a muzzle and i have no idea what it is like around other dogs.

Do i do anything? I'm tempted to ring the RSPCA but it would be pretty obvious who had rung them.

we are not on terms with the neighbours that i could raise the subject with them either...

I am sticking my nose in unnecessarily????:huh:

I would also report it to the dog wardens - isn't there any way anyone else could also see the dog - so they don't know its you.

They will be very discrete about who's reported it, but as you say if its obvious.

I know the DW's, will be very keen to talk to them if its a hygeine issue - and maybe if the family just know that they are being watched - they may be a bit kinder to the poor thing.

Y oh Y do they get this commodities

Sod em - report the poor little thing. I have reported animals and even told the owners it was me. When it comes to weighing up the amount of worry of them giving you hassle or suspecting it was you and thinking about the poor little dog being left in solitary confinement day after day - no contest - report the selfish idiots :rant::thumbsup:

Nobody else can see the dog, just us and one other neighbour...

It's been left out in it's kennel for the past few nights in the rain and freezing temperatures, altho the poo has been cleaned up now....

I'm sorry but i'm still debating....they are exactly the type of people you want to upset...

Archived