Researching my family tree name is Swinscoe

There was a Richard Swinscoe who used to be at the Court School of Dancing when I was there round about 1967. He was a diabetic. I think he also had a sister but I can't remember her name.

hi Richard was my dad and his sister was called Joan x

Hi there,

My grandmother was Joan Lillian Swinscoe and I believe she was born in Rutland (but in Nottinghamshire). I'm not quite sure how old your auntie would have been but Joan (or Joanne as she was named on her birth cert) was born in 1919 or there abouts I think - is this a little earlier for the Joan you're searching?

Anyway, I can't tell you too much about her to be honest her mother remarried some time after she was born and her named changed to Marriott which was the new husband's name I think (or so her birth cert suggests??).

She did have a younger brother (half-brother) and possibly a younger sister too.

If this isn't the connection you're looking for - good luck with the rest of your search!

: )

No its not same person but thanks it could still be a family member x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was browsing the web and came across your posting of 2007. My name is (John) David Swinscoe and I am the son of John Reginald Swinscoe (died 1940 in Hull). You and I are related.

Children of John Reginald Swinscoe and Mary Helen Wilson are:

+ 6 i. Paul Henry Swinscoe was born 26 AUG 1931, and died MAY 1993 in Hull, Yorkshire, England.

+ 7 ii. Living Swinscoe. <<<<<< ME...

DavidSw

• 3 months later...
I was browsing the web and came across your posting of 2007. My name is (John) David Swinscoe and I am the son of John Reginald Swinscoe (died 1940 in Hull). You and I are related.

Children of John Reginald Swinscoe and Mary Helen Wilson are:

+ 6 i. Paul Henry Swinscoe was born 26 AUG 1931, and died MAY 1993 in Hull, Yorkshire, England.

+ 7 ii. Living Swinscoe. <<<<<< ME...

DavidSw

Hi, that's interesting as I only no of myself and Joan living now :-( I'd be interested to no more about relatives etc if you don't mind? Thankyou

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 12:03 ----------

hi i had a dancing teacher called richard swinscoe who lived in whirlowdale. he went out with my best friend for a while.

Yes my dad Richard Swinscoe was a dancing teacher. Where did you learn? Thanks