Wedding breakfast - which is better?

I'm STILL trying to sort my disastrous wedding reception out and budget wise, we're struggling! I have 2 potential venues, at one we can have the full sit down wedding breakfast (its a one course meal, with the cake for dessert) at the other I can't afford the price per head for a meal, but I can afford a buffet, there would still be all the tables so people could sit down, and have the toasts and speeches etc. We could then have a smaller buffet later for evening guests.

Which do people think would go down better? Would 2 buffets look really naff and cheap or do you think its better offering that as a choice, in case people don't like the meal? I've chosen something I know most people like, with the exception of catering for special diets.

I've been to weddings which had really lovely buffets, so I think it depends on what is included in the buffets to be honest.

I had a 4 course meal for 24 people for my wedding, but my sister had a meal which was just as nice but served as a buffet for nearly 80 people for similar overall cost (we were in Whitley Hall Hotel, she was at the Rising Sun at Bamford).

Don't think about how things look for other people please- there are people who will whinge no matter what you do so don't worry too much about them. Do what you want to do, whether that be sausage and mash or caviar (assuming that you can afford it!).

I'm contemplating no wedding breakfast.

Getting married later on & putting some nice canapes on for people at the ceremony, then a bigger more expensive buffet when evening guests arrive.

Or........ pie & peas after ceremony & then big buffet!!!

Much much cheaper both ways:thumbsup:

I want a much more informal wedding, more of a party, no speeches etc.

Which venues?

Have you asked them if they can provide anything other than their set menus?

Hia,

I am having one of the evening buffets for my wedding breakfast - its a hot buffet and then a hog roast for the evening.

I didin't want to chose the food for all my guests and weanted them to have the choice of what they eat, but I did want the formal sit down arrangement for tables and speaches etc.

With the hot buffet, the tables go up one after another and chose what they want. Ive been to a few wedding where this is done and its been great.

I'm contemplating no wedding breakfast.

Getting married later on & putting some nice canapes on for people at the ceremony, then a bigger more expensive buffet when evening guests arrive.

Or........ pie & peas after ceremony & then big buffet!!!

Much much cheaper both ways:thumbsup:

I want a much more informal wedding, more of a party, no speeches etc.

Which venues?

Have you asked them if they can provide anything other than their set menus?

This is just what i want, have you got a venue sorted? We are having trouble finding somewhere, dont want a big hotel thats impersonal and expensive

Px

This is just what i want, have you got a venue sorted? We are having trouble finding somewhere, dont want a big hotel thats impersonal and expensive

Px

At the moment I'm torn between the Millenium Galleries & Cubley Hall at Penistone, both have been fantastic and have basically said we can do it however we please and they will accomodate whatever we want to do x

At the moment I'm torn between the Millenium Galleries & Cubley Hall at Penistone, both have been fantastic and have basically said we can do it however we please and they will accomodate whatever we want to do x

We went to a wedding at Cubley Hall it was really great, and the staff were fantastic, we had a carvery which was great and the bar is good with reasonable prices

would consider if for ours but we want something closer to sheffield

Might give Millenium galleries a call

Thanks

Archived