Wedding breakfast - which is better?

many thanks for everyones tips. After working it out its actually more cost effective for us to go for the full meal rather than the buffet, plus the venue is in the city centre so doesnt cause any more upheaval to the guests who have booked into hotels!

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at using the wood lane countryside centre and I am planning on a evening buffet, my family have a catering business so that is sorted although they would only want to do the evening buffet as they do want to come to the wedding ceremony. What I need is a caterer that is willing to do just the wedding breakfast I want something simple not to over the top just a starter, meal and pudding does any one have any recommendations of a caterer that is a reasonable price and flexible?

Hi after my brothers lovely wedding the only down side was the reception and I really felt for him. Had a gorgeous wedding breakfast finished that at 7pm. The buffet was set for guests who hardly turned up, at 9pm I was full but went to get a nibble so he wouldnt feel bad and the amount of food! it was like wow such a shame no one to see it, happened at my mates reception too, all that money then food waste because people say yes then dont come, hope that helps hun x0x0

• 3 weeks later...
Hi after my brothers lovely wedding the only down side was the reception and I really felt for him. Had a gorgeous wedding breakfast finished that at 7pm. The buffet was set for guests who hardly turned up, at 9pm I was full but went to get a nibble so he wouldnt feel bad and the amount of food! it was like wow such a shame no one to see it, happened at my mates reception too, all that money then food waste because people say yes then dont come, hope that helps hun x0x0

Hello, yeah it was similar with us, we had a full wedding breakfast for 80, then when the evening guests turned up most of them had eaten before/there was too much food so loads got wasted.

Archived