Cognitive behavioural therapy in Sheffield?

Hi

I've been going through depression recently and while traditional counselling is helping a little, various people have suggested CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) - after reading about it, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I'm happy to go private on this, but my GP and counsellor seem unable to help with any recommendations - does anyone have any experience with a good private CBT practitioner in Sheffield?

Hi

I've been going through depression recently and while traditional counselling is helping a little, various people have suggested CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) - after reading about it, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I'm happy to go private on this, but my GP and counsellor seem unable to help with any recommendations - does anyone have any experience with a good private CBT practitioner in Sheffield?

I work for Sheffield PCT andI know that your GP can refer you for this type of therapy. There is a system out called "Beating the Blues" which is done on a computer either at home or at a NHS base. All Sheffield GP's have this information with all the paperwork needed to refer a patient.

I suggest you go back to your GP and ask him to refer you and if he does not have the necessary information to contact Sheffield PCT who will gladly furnish him with all he needs to refer patients for this treatment. If you need more detailed info, please pm me.

Good Luck!:thumbsup:

I have been suffering from horrendous panic/anxiety attacks and heard CBT is the best thing for it, 3 weeks ago my gp signed me up for the beat the blues course but i havent heard anything back from them.

On firday i had a realy realy bad attack and was close to necking a box full of propohnol (beta blockers) that my doc has put me on to stop the attack .. i would have done anything at the time to end it.

If i could afford private i would but no chance of that, its fantastic how you have to suffer because you have fallen on hard times aint it :(

If i was a crack head etc i would get all the help needed, maybe if i start attacking people and robbing people they will scrap the waiting list, they better do something before i crack up.

Good luck to the op btw

I have been suffering from horrendous panic/anxiety attacks and heard CBT is the best thing for it, 3 weeks ago my gp signed me up for the beat the blues course but i havent heard anything back from them.

On firday i had a realy realy bad attack and was close to necking a box full of propohnol (beta blockers) that my doc has put me on to stop the attack .. i would have done anything at the time to end it.

If i could afford private i would but no chance of that, its fantastic how you have to suffer because you have fallen on hard times aint it :(

If i was a crack head etc i would get all the help needed, maybe if i start attacking people and robbing people they will scrap the waiting list, they better do something before i crack up.

Good luck to the op btw

HI

I was exactly the same as you and often thought i was cracking up and at times asked the doctor to take me into hospital as i was convinced i had lost the plot :(

However after spending around 5 years on antidepresents and anxiaty tablets i asked for CBT.

When i went i didnt know wat to expect and found it quite usefull and going through the therapy i noticed that the tablets are only a prop to steady you and after realising what a pannick attack is and understanding them and how to deal with them i am no longer on any medication.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!! and stay strong you can beat them im telling ya :D

if you want to know anything else and who i saw for CBT pm me :thumbsup:

I was supposed to be referred to one of these

instead i have to see one in surgery

because the secondary trust says my case isnt bad enough

but i have bad depression and anxiety

i think its disgusting when you pay your taxes towards these

services and you cant use them?

Archived