When you were young.

Texas

You just jogged a memory from the 50's when I was a kid. The Betterware man used to come to my grans at Southey. I can remember he always wore a gaberdine raincoat and had a false hand that he kept a glove on all the time. He had a little brown suitcase and there was always a little free gift ( something like the little rubber holders with a cross cut in the middle that you pushed a tea towel into!)

"I remember when I was about 3 or 4 and making fake food out of like playdoh or something and my mum pretending to give it to my dad for tea and he pretended to eat it playing up to me,my brother and my sister 'hiding' (really obviously) then my brother having such a bad laughing fit an ambulance was being dialled for.

Good times...."

you mean.....he didn't really eat it??

I am ruined!!:D

Unfortunately not :(

Im not sure exactly if its real or some kind of false memory but I can go right back....

I remember laying in a pram looking up at a lady with a beehive hairdo and she was holding a glove puppet of Donald duck above me and telling me that she`d like beautiful baby boy one day and I had the most beautiful blue eyes shes ever seen.

I remember now that the lady was my sister in law, the year was... 1961... and I was still only a few months old.

Im not sure exactly if its real or some kind of false memory but I can go right back....

I remember laying in a pram looking up at a lady with a beehive hairdo and she was holding a glove puppet of Donald duck above me and telling me that she`d like beautiful baby boy one day and I had the most beautiful blue eyes shes ever seen.

I remember now that the lady was my sister in law, the year was... 1961... and I was still only a few months old.

A psychologist friend of mine has told me these kind of memories are ones that have been told to you. They are not actually your own memories.

I don't really believe that though.

A psychologist friend of mine has told me these kind of memories are ones that have been told to you. They are not actually memories.

I don't really believe that though.

Well I can remember small details like the yellow body of the duck and the blue sailors hat and his beak on his rubber head ...

Come to think of it.... it was an ugly bloody thing.

One of our sons remembers standing in the crib and looking up at the moon, I worked out he was between 19mths and two and half yrs old. I think it's true because he mentioned a pub opposite, and I'd never told him that, we moved from there when he was three.

I remember a few things in between different ages, I remember sleeping outside in a cot in the school yard.

Then I must have been about 9ish and climbed into the big wardrobe in my Moms rooms, it fell on top of me, i didn't get hurt at all i just crawled out of door onto the floor.

Around the same age my Mom came into my bedroom to show me she had just had her false teeth put in, she looked twice her size, I was scared to death of her, just couldn't get use to the way she looked.

I was born in 1941....:)

I get quite upset because I have almost no memories of before my dad died when I was 7. I was six when my sister was born but can`t `see` in my mind any memories of her as a baby, and only very few details of our life in general. I know we had a dog and cat called Punch and Judy but again no idea what they looked like.

They say when you get older you remember long ago things but forget what happened yesterday. I want to be old enough to do that!

At 18 months old I was placed in a City home while my mother was having a baby I must have messed the bed because i was dumped into a bath of ice cold water sheets and all ,I still remember my head being ducked under the water very vivid memories, I've not done it since so it must have worked

When we were young, how evocative that sounds

I was just 3 when the war started ---so my memories of going to the fair and seeing painted dragons bucking and diving, eating pink cotton wool, sitting in a high chair eating bananas and descending in a magical lift to see santa, all had to be before I was 3 as all these things stopped for the duration of the war.

A little older I remembered summer daylight going on for ever and I was told we altered the clocks for 2 hrs during the war.

Hazel

Archived