Dating Scene in Sheffield

RICHBCZ

Hi

Been living in Sheffield for a couple of months now.

Unfortunately, I've reached that dodgy age (33) where I'm too old for clubs so that's one way gone of meeting women. It can be hard to get chatting too in the loud bars etc

After some suggestions or tips so be kind ( well, ish anyway..)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You're too young for us as we only arrange events for people over 50 but speed dating's a great way to meet people - not so noisy, guaranteed conversations with people you know are also looking for love, no awkwardness when it's time to move on.

KATE & MOYA

MATCHVENTURE

Hi

Been living in Sheffield for a couple of months now.

Unfortunately, I've reached that dodgy age (33) where I'm too old for clubs so that's one way gone of meeting women. It can be hard to get chatting too in the loud bars etc

After some suggestions or tips so be kind ( well, ish anyway..)

Thanks

ha, i know what you mean mate!!

BUT trying living in the countryside, even less chance of meeting someone!! or is that just me:suspect:

It's not that you are too old for clubbing, it's that you are too old for doing something you probably didn't really like doing in the first place.

Go on social events for things you like doing and you never know, you might meet someone that way. Surely it's better to meet someone you've got a smidgen in common with than go to a club you don't like and then never want to ever go again. And if you don't, well you are having fun anyway.

I know what you mean though. I've found it very hard to meet someone where there is mutual attraction and shared interests, to the point I've given up now but I have met some wonderful mates along the way and that's important too. :)

It's a difficult situation and I empathize with you. I'm 25 and fast becoming bored of clubbing and feel a bit out of place, but I can't bring myself to try speed dating or something similar as it just seems unnatural to me. I don't think any less of people who do it, quite the opposite actually I think good on them. I like to let fate take its course but i realize as I've gotten older that fate isn't a miracle worker, and if I don't go anywhere to meet people my own age I'm destined to be single. It's a catch 22!

Archived