Credit Crunch and Job losses

Do you have friends or have you been 'let go'  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have friends or have you been 'let go'

• I have friends who have been given the push
    • I lost my job
    • No, not noticed any changes
    • Show me the results

there hasnt really been much change at the company i work for thankfully, were still part of the construction & manufacturing industry but we are still getting enquirys & orders in so my job & the peoples job here are relativley safe for now.

the company my partner works for has slowly been letting people go. he is a window fitter & i supose because people cant get loans they cant afford to have new concervitorys & windows fitted. he is getting a few of his own jobs tho which is pritty good.

a lot of my friends are builders & got lade off in the summer & are seriously strugling to find work.

My company has gone into admin due to the lack of work we are getting through. Well it's more to do with the fact we cannot drop our prices and our suppliers have put them up, so we can't do anything and no-one is ordering ;-(

The sales Director has gone now, which is a bit contradictory and we have all been told to look for other jobs.... :-( really like it here as well ;-(

• 3 months later...

Its rippling through the different industries, all those prime for going bust are going bust.

And those that are primed to take over will take over, but I can't see the jobs being made available again for a few years, as it will take time to recover.

I know people keep giving ole Gordon Brown a bashing about this, and it will no doubt be debated for years to come, but each company in turn is also responsible, meaning that to a finite degree, you yourself lost your own jobs.

Yes I know the suits have ran off with billions, and that our grandchildrens grandchildren may still be paying for it, but where will it get them, not far, they'll have to re-invest it all back into the system one way or another, else what they have becomes worth diddly squat eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived