Where can I take my 6 and 7 year old children for a meal

Teresa250

what's your gauge of 'enjoyable'?

If you're looking for places which welcome kids but in an adult atmosphere, there are a number of pubs which would be suitable - like the rising sun at nethergreen, or the cricket at totley

In that case, I don't know :(

unfortunately kids who don't know how to sit still and a menu of chips seem to go hand in hand as a market group

We eat in lots of places which serve food cooked with more care than your average wacky warehouse, but our criteria is dog friendliness. Such establishments are only able to be welcoming to everybody if everybody who frequents the place doesn't impose themselves on each other. Kids who expect to run riot would most likely wind up bitten in the pubs we use

Sorry

you didn't ask if anybody knew for a place to play and eat, you asked something completely ambiguous, which could have resulted in a number of completely inappropriate suggestions, and putting your son in danger

If you alter your OP with ALL of the criteria you're looking for, you may get some very helpful suggestions

I'd also suggest that the majority of users in this particular part of the forum are looking for an adult night out, so may not be the best people to ask, so posting on either the Parenting group or the disability and carers group may turn up some useful results for you :thumbsup:

How dare you be so rude you prat, I was asking a question and just wanted to know if anyone knew of a place to play and eat, my son has severe learning difficulties and unthinking and ignorant individuals like you make me sick.

You are the one being rude (and abusive for no good reason).

Pubs / restaurants are not playgrounds and children should be kept out of them, especially ones who are unable to sit quietly.

You are the one being rude (and abusive for no good reason).

Pubs / restaurants are not playgrounds and children should be kept out of them, especially ones who are unable to sit quietly.

No pubs are not playgrounds but people with disabled children are entitled to take thier children out to eat. The parents might enjoy a pub meal and the poster was asking a question. She does not need people like yourself and strix slating her. If you notice she is new to this forum and obviously doesn't know the way some people respond to the question asked. By that i mean thoughtless bullying. I have a child with autism and go out to eat. IGNORANCE of certain conditions is something i face regulary. We go to Millhouse pub near Crystal peaks they are friendly in there.

Excuse me, I haven't slated anybody

the only abuse on this thread is from the OP thank you

Had the full set of information been given to start with, I'd have known exactly what was being asked for and would have been able to be far more helpful

Archived