New look Asda in Handsworth

John

Originally posted by Lindseyw

I agree it is quite a nice environment to shop - However, has anyone been at chrsitmas before to do the big 'shop' well always been ok, but it takes FOREVER !! Now it will be worse as they have imposed parking restrictions - you can only be there for a certain amount of time or you get clamped !!! How mad is that I ask you ?

do it online its a doddle,even i don't mind doin the shopping now:D year before last we did it at 4am........:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Lindseyw

Result !!

BTW - if I'd been shopping for a digital camera, then had a rummage round George and bought a new outfit before finally getting around to doing my fortnightly shop, only to find a clamp or parking fine on my windscreen - I'd be straight back in for a refund on everything and infoming the manager of my intentions to frequent Tesco from now on :rant:;)

WallMart are of course massive in the us and would love to be number 1 over here

However I feel they do not quite understand the UK market like they do their own particularly with refrence to quality which is why Tesco are market leaders over here and I do not think Asda/Walmart will overtake them anytime soon as they appear to me to miss the point that when it comes to groceries being the best means a combination of good quality and prices not just pile it high sell it cheap mentality.

I work at asda and the reason we are closing at midnight on the run up to xmas is so that we can re-stock the shelves safely without having to worry about the shelves being empty or delivery on the floor. We did this last year and the overall response by our customers was good, they agreed it was better than walking round the shop at 3am and the shelves being empty. We are open again at 6am so are only closed for 6 hours.

Originally posted by wreck

I work at asda and the reason we are closing at midnight on the run up to xmas is so that we can re-stock the shelves safely without having to worry about the shelves being empty or delivery on the floor. We did this last year and the overall response by our customers was good, they agreed it was better than walking round the shop at 3am and the shelves being empty. We are open again at 6am so are only closed for 6 hours.

Strange... my old Asda down South would be stacking shelves through the night during the Xmas period... i didnt see a problem with it myself... i found it more helpful to be honest... as help was always at hand if you couldnt find something you were looking for... :)

Originally posted by SpeedwayDan

as for fruit and vedgetables, anybody thats seen the state of them in morrisons at catcliffe lately will know you cant get much worse than theirs

Too true, Morrisons have vile fruit & veg, you might get 25% extra in everything but thats to cover the percentage that will be mouldy when you open the packet.

They do have a butcher though, which Asda used to have.

Archived