New look Asda in Handsworth

John

Originally posted by matt1889

I just love the trolley escalator thing! Genius!!!!!!

Who-ever invented this needs a pat on the bk! Hours of fun!

Matt

You should try walking off the site with a trolley, even more fun. Brace yourself if you do try it though. They have an anti trolley theft system that locks the wheels when you cross a particular point :)

Oh, I'll be so glad to be drawing something other than ASDA's in January!

Originally posted by wreck

I work at asda and the reason we are closing at midnight on the run up to xmas is so that we can re-stock the shelves safely without having to worry about the shelves being empty or delivery on the floor. We did this last year and the overall response by our customers was good, they agreed it was better than walking round the shop at 3am and the shelves being empty. We are open again at 6am so are only closed for 6 hours.

dont disgaree with the idea but when u turn up @ 1.15 in a morning after trailing to get there, it don't make you a happy bunny.

Originally posted by nick2

Too true, Morrisons have vile fruit & veg, you might get 25% extra in everything but thats to cover the percentage that will be mouldy when you open the packet.

They do have a butcher though, which Asda used to have.

Totally agree with the comment about their fruit and veg.Their banana's that i buy are black within 3 days. Sainsbbury's is alot better with fruit and veg.

Originally posted by Strix

BTW - if I'd been shopping for a digital camera, then had a rummage round George and bought a new outfit before finally getting around to doing my fortnightly shop, only to find a clamp or parking fine on my windscreen - I'd be straight back in for a refund on everything and infoming the manager of my intentions to frequent Tesco from now on :rant:;)

You and me both Strix... Its a bit of a cheek, them putting a time restriction on how long you can park there, yet I see why they've done it, as some people may be using it as a cheap park and ride etc...

I don't think I could spend 3 hours in the shop now... I know it so well, I've tried on all the clothes and I could tell you whats on aisle 4 on the 3rd shelf up... etc lol!

Originally posted by caprice

I don't think I could spend 3 hours in the shop now... I know it so well, I've tried on all the clothes and I could tell you whats on aisle 4 on the 3rd shelf up... etc lol!

me too ladies frillies , red babydoll @ the moment LOL

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom

The cafe is useless. Although some of the food is OK, it's always understaffed by some of the slowest workers I've ever seen. The regularly run out of cutlery, various drinks and change. You waste half of your parking time waiting in the queue.

To be honest though the amount of work they have to do - it's not their personal fault they are under-staffed it's the chair-warmers upstairs... :)

Originally posted by HazyJane

They need to put a huge sign up telling people that the new entrance is now open, I think I'm the only one who's used it. Everyone else coming up from the roundabout is still queuing to turn in right at the lights.

Not everyone I seem to be about the only other person also.

Great to sail past and look at them cueing at the lights.

The only down-side to the re-vamp is that they use the nasty plastic speed bumps which make you slow down to snail pace - annoying the person behind (which is why I avoid them as much as possible).

Originally posted by HazyJane

They need to put a huge sign up telling people that the new entrance is now open, I think I'm the only one who's used it. Everyone else coming up from the roundabout is still queuing to turn in right at the lights.

I wondered who was using the new sliproad. they do need to advertise it. Though I suppose you only have to go past it once to remember to use it next time...

Archived