New look Asda in Handsworth

John

Originally posted by unners

Totally agree with the comment about their fruit and veg.Their banana's that i buy are black within 3 days. Sainsbbury's is alot better with fruit and veg.

Sainsburys veg is ok, but way overpriced. I had to laugh at their adverts where they were saying they had reduced 1000's of prices, probably because they were losing customers to Tesco and Asda.

Originally posted by nick2

Sainsburys veg is ok, but way overpriced. I had to laugh at their adverts where they were saying they had reduced 1000's of prices, probably because they were losing customers to Tesco and Asda.

ads like that make me laugh. same with asda's 'rollback' ones - it just makes me think aaaahhh so you were really ripping me off before.

Originally posted by Fudbeer

Tesco are market leaders over here and I do not think Asda/Walmart will overtake them anytime soon as they appear to me to miss the point that when it comes to groceries being the best means a combination of good quality and prices not just pile it high sell it cheap mentality.

Which incidentally is the same policy which made Tesco No.1 in the UK to start with

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

Which incidentally is the same policy which made Tesco No.1 in the UK to start with

Indeed - but the world has changed since then. Pile it high/sell it cheap is now the preserve of Netto and Aldi. Tesco offer quality, not just cheap goods.

I do the weekly shop at Asda now instead of Morrisons. The only problems I have with Asda, is the parking still and the very poor policy they have for re-stocking shelves. They seem to employ more people taking things off the shelves for online orders, then they do stocking shelves when supplies run out.

I haven't been to Asda for yonks; the member of staff who pushed between me and the shelf while I was looking for something, without so much as an "excuse me" or "kiss my a**e" did it for me. I've been religiously shopping at Tesco but recently switched to Morrisons at Meadowhead. I ws going to try Catcliffe but wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole at this time of year. I also find that by not going to Asda I don't spend as much time in there nor do I spend as much money cos in Asda my first port of call is always the upstairs.

As for restrictions on parking, it's obscene. Waitrose do it at Ecclesall Road as well. Don't think the others have cottoned on yet. But in Asda I was always more than an hour shopping so it's a bit unfair :mad:

Never mind the parking restrictions, what about the lazy *!*s that park in the areas reserved for people with young children? I get fed up of there being nowhere to park when I take my two small children shopping. There's always plenty of disabled spots as you wouldn't dare park there without a badge!! Before someone posts "why can't you park somewhere else in the car park, your children can walk" I accept this but the idea of the parent and child spaces is to make life that little bit easier for those of us who have little live wires and would prefer not to have to walk through a busy and dangerous car park! :thumbsup:

Never mind the parking restrictions, what about the lazy *!*s that park in the areas reserved for people with young children? I get fed up of there being nowhere to park when I take my two small children shopping. There's always plenty of disabled spots as you wouldn't dare park there without a badge!! Before someone posts "why can't you park somewhere else in the car park, your children can walk" I accept this but the idea of the parent and child spaces is to make life that little bit easier for those of us who have little live wires and would prefer not to have to walk through a busy and dangerous car park! :thumbsup:

Archived