New look Asda in Handsworth

John

Originally posted by martss

I wish it was that easy!

Most kids cant wait to get out of a car, I do keep the doors locked and open the doors for the kids to get out. I have to open the door first so I can undo the seatbelts. But once in a while, maybe as Im putting shopping in the boot, one of the kids will open the door on their own.

I was responding specifically to the comment made along the lines of "kids don't care when they fling open a car door..."

As for your comment in this post, simple solution: insert child in car, fasten child's seat belt, lock car door before putting shopping away.

Reigns- child throws a strop because he/ she doesnt like reigns, ends up sitting on floor in the middle of the aisle.

Oh dear. Teach him to behave better then. He might not like having to hold tightly on to your hand when you walk down a busy street either, but that will protect him from dashing off into the road and getting squished by a car.

If your child darts in front of my trolly while I'm browsing the supermarket aisles and I inadvertantly run over his foot with the trolly wheels because I can't avoid him, that would be my fault? I ask, because I've been in a similar situtation in Tesco, and the parent blamed me because little Tarquin chose to dash in front of me.

Pram AND a shopping trolley? Hows that work then?!

I don't know. I choose not to have kids so don't have to deal with the associated problems. If your child requires a pram, don't take it to the supermarket, or use a basket.

Tight hold plus empty pram plus shopping trolley?!

The choices were either/or. I wouldn't advocate taking an empty pram around the store, but you must do as you see fit.

I put my 4 year old in the shopping trolley seat and my 7 year old walks with me. There are too many kids running around shops, but thats what kids do, they dont like being controlled. But some parents just let them run off while they shop.

Yes, it certainly is what kids do, and they do it because the parents allow them to. I'm sorry that your kids don't like being controlled. Life must be hellish with unruly kids, particulalry when it comes to keeping them safe.

Any parents noticed how people with no kids have all the answers?

No, I don't have answers, I have suggestions. If they don't work, try something else.

i can understand the safety reasons for them being there for young children (i.e "pram bound kids")

as it makes sense to me for a parent to have that little bit of extra space to be able to take the pram down without scraping the adjacent car door.

HOWEVER!

if you kid isn't in a pram you shouldn't be in the space!

If you take your 7 year old kids shopping and think you have a right to park in those spaces then so do i if i take my ma shopping (im 21!)

agree??

Any parents noticed how people with no kids have all the answers?

I've noticed how people with kids seem to have all the problems and expect those of us without kids to accomodate them.

Obviously I'm never going to have kids of my own but I have been to the supermarket with my niece, in a pram, and managed to get home with several bags of shopping, it's not rocket science (you can put the shopping in the bottom of the pram so you don't have to carry it, I figured that out for myself without having to father a child)

If my child ran in front of your trolley and you ran over his foot, I wouldnt blame you. Its the parents fault for allowing the child to run around in my opinion.

There is never a simple solution with kids, what works one day, might not work the next.

The spaces are for "parent and child", whats the cut off age for a child? 12? 16? Its not 21 is it?

Originally posted by Metallicadam

HOWEVER!

if you kid isn't in a pram you shouldn't be in the space!

agree??

I have been known to borrow my nieces when meadowhall is busy. Lovely well brought up kids, never any bother and i get to park close to the doors.

Am i ashamed of this? Am i eck, u shouldn't have those spaces in the first place... if ur gonna keep insisting u need these spaces i'm gonna start treating u as disabled.

Basically parents shouldn't be allowed anything that could make life just a little bit easier then??:confused:

People shouldn't be judged as everyones circumstances are different. Life's too short to complain about parent and child space allowance in car parks. Is it really that bad a thing?? :(

Archived