Crosspool Tavern at xmas

sheff utd

oh right well we used to go there for our family meal week before xmas every year around 20 of us, then management decided not to take bookings anymore! we were not going to hang around waiting, hoping for a table with so many of us and for the past few years have taken our business elsewhere how they expect elderly relatives to hang around i just don't know would have to think hard whether we would bother going back!

• 2 years later...

I am not sure how well they are doing now, but I have just rung to book a table for 15 for Christmas lunch the week prior to Christmas, they wouldnt take a booking with deposit for lunchtime, said we could just turn up and it would probably work out! whatever that means.

Are they doing so well they can turn down 15 christmas lunches and associated drinks, and waite until the day and take a chance they will fill the tables?

comercial awareness, humbug.

that was the problem we had when its a big party you don't really want to take a chance on all getting seated, we're going to the pub that used to be aunt sallys this year ok so its a wetherspoons but they let us book and its quite a nice sounding menu so we shall see how it goes

Archived