Bamforths of Chapeltown, family tree

Redfyre

Hi tmelport 1979, my Hague is Eliza or Emma Hague, born Chapeltown 1959, died March 1927. Married to William Bamforth. Do any of your Hagues tie in with a family called Pashley? I am convinced that there was some link between the Bamforths, Hagues and Pashleys at one time.

Note by the way that, in 19th century especially, Chapeltown passed as Ecclesfield in many records.

Hi tmelport 1979, my Hague is Eliza or Emma Hague, born Chapeltown 1959, died March 1927. Married to William Bamforth. Do any of your Hagues tie in with a family called Pashley? I am convinced that there was some link between the Bamforths, Hagues and Pashleys at one time.

Note by the way that, in 19th century especially, Chapeltown passed as Ecclesfield in many records.

Not come across it yet but im finding new hagues everyday, i'll keep my eyes open for the pashleys. Will let you know if i find anything.

Thanks, tmelport1979. I am sure, by the way, that you will have realized that the d of b for Eliza Hague is 1859 not 1959. I am sure there is some definite Pashley link of significance in the Bamforth/Hague family, but getting to the bottom of it is proving difficult! (This despite much help from friends on the Sheffield sites).

In case anyone else from this branch of the Bamforth family pursue this thread in the near future, it is worth noting that some reference to the war service (WW1) of Jack and Harry Bamforth have been posted on Sheffield Indexers.

I am sure that is the one, and I will check it out. Obviously, it will include reference to other members of family. Intriguingly, Eliza's marriage to William Bamforth is something we have not been able to confirm, as yet, and it has been suggested her name was "Beaumont", but I am convinced it was Hague --my mother always said she had a grandmother whose maiden name was Hague. This family history research gets ever more intriguing! Anyway, thanks Nigel.

Thanks, Nigel. That is the one, for sure. I will follow it through for details of the rest of the family, and that might even help with ther Pashley mystery.

Still having problems re Eliza's marriage to William Bamforth, for so far we can't find it. It has been suggested that William married someone called Elza Beaumont, but I have always felt uncomfortable with this, for my late mother always said she had a grandmother whose maiden name was Hague (and from Loundside!).

Anyway, many thanks.

Archived