Frecheville Carnival funday 2005

bookenz

The Frecheville carnival will be held on Saturday 18th june 2005. We have numerous stalls around the centre and now in the Birley hotel & Sharwood pub.

If you would like to run a stall of your own the help raise funds for the centre or for a very small fee of £25 to raise funds for your own charity.

The theme this year is Disney & you may like to decorate a stall with this in mind.

Lots of stalls already ie:teddy bears,cakes,hoop la,candy floss,roundabout & many more .

So come along and join in the fun.

• 10 months later...

Hi Listener. The date of Frecheville Carnival this year is 17th. June. There will be a small procession. Iin years gone by there has been as many as 60 vehicles in the parade but due to the high cost of insurance these days not many firms are will to let their lorries be used, also drivers would offer their services for free but that dos'nt happen much any more. There will be plenty of stalls etc around the community centre, and although arrangements are still in the early stages hopefully The Sherwood and Birley pubs will get involved as usual. Hope this is helpfull to you and as things progress we will keep you informed what is happening in total nearer the time.

I used to love watching the carnival back in the early 80s. I remember the girls walking along twiddling their drumsticks while the boys at the back kept a beat going. Majorettes I think they were called. Do they still have the Frecheville beauty queen on the back of one of the floats?

Archived