Anybody stayed in the Lamb and Lion Inn, in York

yan

Hi.

I've just booked a well deserved weekend away in York for me and my partner.

Instead of booking the usual B&B we usually stay in, I've paid a little more and booked the Lamb and Lion Inn (formally Four High Petergate)

It looks lovely on the website but I've just read a few reviews and and all 3 of them were terrible.

I'm really worried now, I haven't paid a deposit and before I look elsewhere I thought I'd ask if anybody else could share their experience with me.

Many thanks x

The problem with websites where you can write your own review is that the vast majority of people who have an enjoyable stay won't write about it. But people who have had an unpleasant experience are more likely to put their feelings in print (and yet I'd guess do so on these websites at the expense of writing to the manager!).

If you're in doubt, go somewhere else. If you're planning on spending a bit more, try the Dean Court at the junction of High Petergate and Duncombe Place.

• 2 years later...

Archived