Platillos - Leopold Square

Henri

Many companies do this and it should be criminal. They will have made sure all the takings they took over Christmas are safe, not paid a single person, then closed shop.

When I worked in the catering industry, restaurants and bars did this all the time, running up a dept with us, declaring themselves bankrupt without warning, then opening somewhere else the following month under a different guise. And there is nothing you can do about it.

HMRC can ask for a security or bond from any company trying to "phoenix" before they are allowed to trade. This helps to secure any future debts they may run up with HMRC. This was brought in because HMRC lost its preferential creditor class.

Of course this is no help to the many other creditors that may be left high and dry.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm sure I read somewhere on Facebook yesterday that Tropeiro restaurant (attached to Leopold Square) has gone into administration, or at least the group has that owns the chain, still trading though.

Cant seem to find it now.

Camboriu Restaurants Ltd

Winding up petition issued 6 Dec 13

Administration order issued 31 Jan 14

Winding up petition rescind 17 Feb 14

So not entirely sure what's going on but doesn't sound good?

Camboriu Restaurants Ltd

Winding up petition issued 6 Dec 13

Administration order issued 31 Jan 14

Winding up petition rescind 17 Feb 14

So not entirely sure what's going on but doesn't sound good?

Oh no, we are supposed to be going there on Friday night, 21 of us from work! Paying deposit tomorrow...I had better see what I can find out first, might end up being chips and egg back at mine at this rate :o

Oh no, we are supposed to be going there on Friday night, 21 of us from work! Paying deposit tomorrow...I had better see what I can find out first, might end up being chips and egg back at mine at this rate :o

Pay the deposit on your credit card tomorrow night, chances are all will be well by the day after but it covers you just in case.

Archived