Need a comfortable pub that does food

jennym705

Can anyone reccommend a decent pub in North or West Sheffield (or any area really) that to eat out in on a Sunday? Nothing fancy but not microwave/freezer rubbish either. Preferably child friendly

Tried a search but not good at it and didn't find anything useful

I can definitely recommend the Yorkshire Bridge on Ashopton Road between the A57 and Bamford, overlooking Ladybower reservoir. I've been there a few times, and always had a good meal. They serve big portions, and have a 'specials' board in addition to a pretty good menu. I have two young kids, and they always enjoy going there as well which is a fair endorsement in itself. It's worth booking in advance though. Main courses are typically between £7 and £10.

Otherwise the Three Merry Lads on Sandygate Road out near Redmires is also pretty good.

I wouldn't recommend the Crosspool Tavern as the last time we went my OH's main course was still frozen in the middle.

You could try The Strines or The Robin Hood.

the robin hood is spot on just a bit out of the way,dont know about food frozen we always have the carvery :thumbsup:

We went in the Three Merry Lads at Lodge Moor last night, very good food and not too busy despite it being Halloween.

They sell Our Cow Molly ice cream for afters as well!

Archived