Does anyone remember Horan family, lived on the circle Manor

sarbrimatt

I knew a family called HORAN they used to live at the side of the catholic club at burngreave , Andrea who was dwarfe John who used to sing on the clubs, there mother wascalled mary who was also dwarfe, she had two other sons too her husband was Irish fred i think????

• 3 weeks later...
Quite a large family, Derek, Brenda, Terrance, Johnny, Dad was an Irish bloke. Derek had horse and cart.

i grew up with terry's grandson in darnall, terry still lives in the darnall area with his family. sadly derek passed away a couple of years back now, but i remember him with his horse and cart. he used to have the stables at the back of the ball inn pub on darnall main road. derek was a well known face in darnall as he had a little trading stall outside the back doors of morrisons

• 1 year later...
Quite a large family, Derek, Brenda, Terrance, Johnny, Dad was an Irish bloke. Derek had horse and cart.

Didnt they go toi St Theresas on Prince of Wales Rd? I do vaguely remember Terrance but my sister will have known them all as my Father & Mother will have, We lived just on Harborough Ave just six doors from the Steel Inn and all our family went to St Theresas.

Didnt they go toi St Theresas on Prince of Wales Rd? I do vaguely remember Terrance but my sister will have known them all as my Father & Mother will have, We lived just on Harborough Ave just six doors from the Steel Inn and all our family went to St Theresas.

Hi there,just looking through some of the threads (i'm pretty new to this computer stuff).DERECK HORAN was in my class at ST THERESA'S, I lived on STANGROUND RD (21),beginning of the fifties.I believed that HORANS lived at 61?,the circle.A few years later i worked for the co-op,dairy delivering milk on the circle.Entering the circle,from the low part and going anti clock wise,at about the second two block up,a little girl aged two,used to wait at the windowfor me coming, then would yell excitedly to her parents ''milky-boys coming"at the top of her voice,and sometimes came outside with her mom or dad to get the milk. I always left her one of those 1/3 pints (free-gratis)of course.They were a lovely family,the girls name was KAY,and we named our daughter after her.Often wonder what life held for them.!!eightlegger

Archived