Schools in Crookes and Walkley

ttourtell

Does anyone remember David Donaldson from Crooks who became a policeman when he left school. He is an old friend of our family. We lost touch when we left Sheffield.

Dave was great friend of mine in the 60's and I was always calling at his home on Pickmere Road, Crookes; sharing time there with his mum and dad. I think that he was a Unitedite.

Yes I recall that he became a police man and he lived at that time I believe on the Wimpey estate at Aston.

I too lost touch with him.

Until things changed in later years many of the pupils from St Marys South Road Walkley who failed their 11+ went to either Burgoyne Road (now St Marys) or Bolehill School, I left Burgoyne in 1958; Bolehill at the point was just a bog standard school where you went from 5 to 15 years maybe it became a secondry modern later but it wasn't in 1958.

My wife also left in 1958...her maiden name was Jose Loy off Daniel Hill Street

Hi Geoff= must be some " genes" somewhere in the make up.

Hope your OK/ Take care buddy

Yes Rob, I'm fine thanks. Dave Harris sent me a lovely email regarding Keith (Chairboy). If it wasn't for CB I would never have found this site and all the old friends - including you- that we now keep in touch with. I have a feeling Keith may be keeping an eye on proceedings so we had better not get any facts wrong!!

Best wishes, Geoff

Archived