Pentop bangers.

melthebell

since its bonfire night and my bus was late, i was stood there and my mind wondered to school and when i used to run round setting pentop bangers off in the corridors (and getting done for it :P)

tbh now i cant even remember how they were made or what was in em....mustve been a dark art ive since forgotten in the mists of time.

if i remember it was a bic pentop stuffed with folded up paper caps and a snapped match which you lit?

anybody remember em?

Yes, I used to make em and they went with a ringing in your ears bang in a confined space. We used to wrap matches up with the silver foil from fag packets (when you used to be able to peel it off) and then slowly heat em up and it used to fly off.

I remember making those. Folded the caps along the length of the role, rolled them up again while still folded in half. Then squeeze them into a pentop and put a match down the side, and then light.

Did anyone make penny bangers (I think that was the name)?

We used to use half a roll of caps, folded down the middle and then folded into the length of the pen top. Then wrapped it in loo roll with a bit hanging out for "blue touch".

thats the one i think :)

although i dont think we used bog roll :P

i remember getting busted in the drama/music building corridor at beaver hill setting some off :P

ah the good old days :thumbsup:

kids dont seem to make those type of norty kids things these days?

they prefer smack to our gas?

and guns to our pentop bangers?

progress eh?

Pentop bangers-roll of paper caps, folded down the middle (took ages to do), folded up to fit in a pen top, with a match down the side as a 'fuse'

Penny bangers-as many paper caps as you could stand folding down the middle without getting bored, wrapped round a 1p or 2p piece, with a bit of tape to secure them. Throw at any hard surface to make it explode.

Then there were the tennis ball bombs. Make a smal hole in a tennis ball, buy one of those massive boxes of matches, cut the heads off them all and stuff them inside the tennis ball, then throw it hard at a wall.

Archived