California bans same-sex marriage - ban overturned

well said, suffragette. with every comment Harleyman makes, he piles the bigotry higher and higher.

Yeah, I'm bored of him; his mind is so ensconced in self-important, bigoted rapture that we are too far divided than can be bridged by a mere common language.

No it isn't. A man wanting to marry another man is about as rational as a man wanting to marry a horse.

I've no problem with gays douing what they want behind closed doors but a marriage is a religious ceremony and most religions teach that homosexuality is morally wrong so it would be hypocritical to let them marry.

What a ridiculous comment.

Most religions teach that sex before marriage is wrong, so let's outlaw that too then hey?

Morals don't even come in to it. It's a natural desire. Many animals have homosexual tendencies. Seeing as they don't have morals, how can it be morally wrong for humans, as part of the animal kingdom, to be homosexual?

Next you'll be saying it's wrong for black people to be treated equally and that women should do as their husband says!

Fine, you've given your opinion, now go back in to your little cave, away from the outside world, and live in your own little homophobic fantasy world!

Another anti-democracy bigot rears his ugly little head!

I suggest there's no need for gays to marry so therefore I'm sexist and racist as well? How do you come to that conclusion?

And as for your silly claim that animals are gay as well, do you have any evidence? When was the last time you saw a dog mincing down the street in tight trousers and a pink blouse and dancing to Bronski Beat? :hihi:

No it isn't. A man wanting to marry another man is about as rational as a man wanting to marry a horse.

I've no problem with gays douing what they want behind closed doors but a marriage is a religious ceremony and most religions teach that homosexuality is morally wrong so it would be hypocritical to let them marry.

let's ban marriage for atheists then :roll:

edit: and those who dare to eat shellfish, and ... shall I continue?

And as for your silly claim that animals are gay as well, do you have any evidence? When was the last time you saw a dog mincing down the street in tight trousers and a pink blouse and dancing to Bronski Beat? :hihi:

:rolleyes:

There is plenty of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, google it and see.

What a ridiculous comment.

Most religions teach that sex before marriage is wrong, so let's outlaw that too then hey?

You're having trouble keeping up, aren't you? No-one's outlawed anything; a state has had a democratic vote about whether to legalise something that's currently illegal and the majority have decided that it should remain illegal.

Are you suggesting we should ignore a democratic vote if we don't agree with the result? I think you'll find that's a dictatorship.

An opinion that's out-dated and offensive to a number of people.

As said before, this anti-gay mentality stems from a book that was written thousands of years ago by a bunch of people who wanted to control.

So what if two same-sex people want to enjoy being with each other? There's too much hate in the world as it is, can't people just get along?

Ah, you're coming over all hippy, now!

Quite right though. American Christianity is frequently hateful whilst deluding itself that it's all to do with love for the licckle bayby Jeeezuz.:love::love::love:KILL THE ABORTIONISTS:love::love::love:Ahh, say a prayer:love::love:

You're having trouble keeping up, aren't you? No-one's outlawed anything; a state has had a democratic vote about whether to legalise something that's currently illegal and the majority have decided that it should remain illegal.

Are you suggesting we should ignore a democratic vote if we don't agree with the result? I think you'll find that's a dictatorship.

It was legalised in May and has now been banned:

Californian voters have chosen to ban same-sex marriage, months after it was legalised by the state's top court.

The measure restricting marriage to heterosexual couples gained 52% support - more than 5.1 million votes - with nearly all precincts declaring results.

Twenty-seven US states already ban same-sex marriage. California's legal approval had seen thousands of gay couples wed there since May.

Another anti-democracy bigot rears his ugly little head!

I suggest there's no need for gays to marry so therefore I'm sexist and racist as well? How do you come to that conclusion?

I was going to go in to a long ramble about watching nature programs and how scientists have evidenced this, but I can't be bothered.

You suggest there's not need for gays to get married? There's no reason for ANYONE to get married. Not in the realms of nature. The only reason humans did it initially was so a man could own a woman by calling her his wife, back in the days when women were treated like scum in comparison.

Yes, you are sexist, no matter which way you look at it.

Archived